Funny Quotes from the Muppet Movies

spinabifgirl

Reaction score
Alright I'm new here and I had the muppet movie dvd but, I seemed to have lost it. Can anyone think of all the funny quotes from that movie that when we watched it as children we wouldn't have understood it but, when you watch them again years later you find yourself laughing and a light bulb goes on and you suddenly think "Oh I get it now."

Here are a select few

#1 when Fozzie is driving him and Kermit in his studebaker and Kermit says "Hey Fozzie I want you to turn left when you come to a fork in the road" You then hear Fozzie say "turn left"he drives past an actual FORK in the road.

#2 Bernie the agent "You, with the banjo can you help me? I seem to have lost my sense of direction" Kermit says "Have you tried Hare Krishna"

#3When Kermit asks Fozzie where he learned to drive and Fozzie says "I took a correspondence course"

#4 El Sleazo Patron "Hello sailor buy me a drink? Kermit "well you see I'm not a sailor I'm a frog" El Sleazo Patron "Oh cut the small talk and buy me a drink" Kermit says "but I don't even know you" El Sleazo tough guy says "Hey, hey! have you messed with my girl??" kermit "I uh" El Sleazo Patron "he did so. He touched me" El Sleazo tough guy "Ugh go wash you'll get warts" Kermit says "That's a myth" Tough guy says "Yeah but, she's *my* myth" Kermit says "No, no myth myth" El Sleazo Patron answers "Yes?"

#5 this isn't exactly a quote but, the many years later when I watched it again this part just cracked me right up. After the bar fight Fozzie gets tossed behind the counter and comes up wearing a black beard and says "O.k. everybody drinks on the house" The next scene you hear somebody say "What is he talking about? The bartender said there would be drinks on the house" and everyone is on TOP of the roof of the bar.

I know there's lots more can anyone think of any? :mad: :halo: :flirt: