Frank

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Frank Oz hasn't really quit, however, the only Muppets he manipulated so far are Cookie Monster and Grover. He still does Cookie in the "Letter Of the Day" inserts on SS. I don't think he came back as Bert, Fozzie, Piggy, Sam or Animal. He's cut back on his muppeteering so he can be seen as a serious director. Here's what I read. Oz left the team when Henson died because he could not stand to be there without his long-time partner and friend. Yet he still came back to do Bert, Cookie Monster, and Grover. During that time, he stated he would never perform Bert to someone else's Ernie. Maybe that's why he's semi retired. It must be too painful without Jim.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Frank has for the most part retired from Muppets in order to do his directing; I also understand he has returned to perform his characters for special stuff (ie, Cookie on Martha Stewart). It is NOT my understanding he has returned to perform on SS at all. And he has only lent his voice to Muppet movies as of late anyhow.

FOZ

matleo

Reaction score
Oh no,
frank has returned to SS. He's usually there for about a week and shot a few Letter of the day pieces and some Grover material. IN fat, they even shot a few bits with Cookie (played by Dave Rudman) and Grover (Played by Frank Oz). but yeah he does go back from time to time.

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
yeah, its a bit ambigous to say Frank Oz is retired...I also have heard from time to time he drops by the Sesame studios to do segments. So yeah, pretty much Eric Jacobson is officially Miss Piggy, and his other characters have been filled. I personally love Eric's Piggy...tho I do miss Oz. What do you think is a bigger possibility: Oz showing up at Muppetfest 2003 or Jerry Juhl coming back to help write for the new show or a new movie?

So is anyone looking forward to his next mob movie starring Awwwnold? At least he didnt get Stallone, that guy is officially now straight to video.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think Frank came back far a few days to do the voices for Muppets from Space.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
I think Frank came back far a few days to do the voices for Muppets from Space.

Did he also do voices for Elmo in Grouchland?