Frank Oz on Reddit AMA 1/4/2018

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
I can't wait for it. I hope he answers my questions like if he will come back to Sesame Street and do a Bert or Cookie Monster sketch since he hasn't done one of those in years.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was somewhat surprised that he spoke on the Steve Whitmire issue, but I guess it makes sense considering he doesn't work for Disney. Anyway, this is what he had to say:

"I'm just very sad about what happened with Steve. I'm not privy to the reasons. I'm not part of Disney. As I understand it, the reasons had nothing to do with performing. When Steve was on the set he was always a joy to work with. So it saddens me that something outside of performing caused this to happen. It just saddens me, that's all."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was somewhat surprised that he spoke on the Steve Whitmire issue, but I guess it makes sense considering he doesn't work for Disney. Anyway, this is what he had to say:

"I'm just very sad about what happened with Steve. I'm not privy to the reasons. I'm not part of Disney. As I understand it, the reasons had nothing to do with performing. When Steve was on the set he was always a joy to work with. So it saddens me that something outside of performing caused this to happen. It just saddens me, that's all."
It is a shame he didn't answer somebody else's question on why Steve Whitmire wasn't in Muppet Guys Talking (though I think he did respond to a different question concerning performers who were left out).

I wasn't surprised to see him say that he can't respond to the question about Jim Henson's memorial service (though he could have avoided answering that one at all), I was recently watching I Am Big Bird and when they talk about that service Frank said that he couldn't bring himself to reminisce about it (though I feel I have seen him talk about it before).