Fraggle Street (A Sesame Street/Fraggle Rock Fanfic)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
This idea has been popping up in my mind lately, and I wanted to share it with everyone else on the boards. Someone here may have already thought up this idea already, so forgive me if I'm repeating history.:smile:

"Fraggle Street" takes the concepts of both Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock and puts them together to create a whole new story (which is basically what most crossovers do). In the story, Doc and Sprocket move into a particular spot on Sesame Street, which harbors the portal to the world of Fraggle Rock and the Gorg world beyond it. It all takes place during the 80s when both Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock were the two dominant Muppet shows on television (and, of course, when Kermit was still the "NR" reporter for Sesame Street News).

Gobo's Uncle Traveling Matt will still go out and discover the wonders of "Outer Space"; but first he has to get past the friendly environment of Sesame Street, which might be too much for the great explorer himself to handle. Meanwhile, Kermit and Grover will do some exploring themselves...within the boundaries of Fraggle Rock and the Gorg world. While meeting the Fraggles, Kermit will try to convince them that the outside world would love to see such interesting creatures who could teach them about peace, joy, and serenity (some things that the folks there have already learned themselves). Gobo, Mokey, Red, Boober, and Wembley are reluctant to go out and discover "Outer Space"; but they eventually do, and they all form a great relationship with the residents of Sesame Street.

Much of the stories in the series are episodes of Fraggle Rock crossed-over with episodes of Sesame Street (songs and educational lessons included). There's also a subplot that involves getting the Gorgs to accept a world that they don't rule over, and the only one who can help them accept it is none other than Super....(Dramatic Pause)....Grover!!:smile:

It'd be interesting to know what would happen if the Fraggles lived in harmony with the Sesame Street gang while the events of "Follow That Bird" were taking place. I could picture them riding in vegetable-like vehicles (just like those McDonald's figurines) while searching for Big Bird.

This, of course, is just an idea that I've been thinking up lately. Feel free to criticize.:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think this is a very interesting concept! Especially since both shows really aimed to teach people to get along with one another, I think it could work! It's funny, the Twiddlebugs always reminded me of Fraggles when I was little. Anyway, it's a really neat idea Muppetwriter!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
As soon as I come up with a great way to start it out, I'll post the first episode hopefully soon. I'm stepping out from my usual comic book stories to try this idea out, so I won't be known as "Muppetwriter: Writer of Muppet Comic Book fanfics" all of the time.

I've got a feeling this'll be a fun Muppet fanfic to write.:excited:

BTW, thanks for the positive feedback, Fragglemuppet and redBoobergurl.:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
You're welcome! I can't wait to see how you put this together! I've read some of your other work and you are very talented!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
No problem! You are a terrific writer! You just have such a brilliant way of putting words together!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow. When everybody's this excited about reading one of my fanfics, it makes me so proud.:cry:

I'm working on one Muppet fanfic right now, so I guess I'll be working back and forth between that one and this one. I promise that I'll be back with both of these fanfics ready for everyone here to read and enjoy.:smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm glad we inspire you, and I can't believe there are this many posts already! Its like we're all jumping on you before you have a chance to be ready, LOL! I do have one question though. Are you planning to make this a project with multiple fics, or will you get it all over with at once? I personally am hoping for a series. It would be more interesting for us, and be easier for you. Just a suggestion.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Oh, yes. It's gonna be a series, like the actual two series. The other fanfic that I'm working on is going to be one whole story.:wink: