Fraggle Rock Action Figures!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news: This is another Muppet News Flash!

Hot off the heels of the announcement that Plastic Meatballs will be making action figures of Emmet and Alice Otter based on pre-orders, we now have news that Boss Fight Figures will be producing Fraggle Rock action figures as well.

Series 1, if it can be called that will include the following.
Gobo Fraggle: Comes with radish, lantern, guitar, extra set of hands, extra second head.
Red Fraggle: Comes with maracas, whistle, extra set of hands, extra second head.
Uncle Travelling Matt Fraggle: Comes with notepad and pen, walking stick, Orb of Understanding, extra set of hands, extra second head.
Doozer 3-Pack: Includes Architect, Cotterpin, and Flange Doozer.

Additionally, it should be noted as fellow forumer Oscarfan pointed out, these figures seem to be based on their FR Back to the Rock appearance rather than Original Series. Stay tuned for more developments when we get them.
:smirk: :excited: :busy:

Random numbers

Reaction score
Series 1 figures are available for pre-order now at Boss Fight's website and other online retailers. They are supposed to be shipping in fall 2023. One note, Flange is sold individually and Architect and Cotterpin are sold as a two-pack. I'm excited to see how these turn out! The renders look pretty great.

MWoO

Reaction score
The line looks decent, but I do wish they had handled the Doozer's differently. They said they made the Doozers 3 inches tall so they were still figures on their own and shorter than the Fraggles, even though they are a cheated scale. Personally, I would have loved to see 6 inch Doozers (basically making them true to life scale figures) and then give each Doozer a 1 inch pre-posed mini figure to be in scale with the Fraggles. I think that would fit everyone's tastes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If in-scale Doozer figures need to be as small as 1 single or 2 inches at the most I'd agree that they should be pre-posed PVC's with perhaps just the one point of articulation where needed like short-swivelling necks. But since I have no idea of the visuals of the figure line when comparing the Doozers to the Fraggles, opinions may vary. *Shrugs.

MWoO

Reaction score
It's hard to tell exactly what the scale will be, actually. Supposedly, the Fraggles will be 5 inches tall. If the style guide is to be believed, Gobo is 22 inches tall. This seems to align with the height listed for Gobo in the museum of the moving image. If the Gobo figure is 5 inches tall, as reported, then that makes this line roughly 1/4 scale (maybe a bit larger, but close enough). This would mean a true to scale Doozer, listed as 6 inches, would be 1.5 inches tall, which is doable for a static figure. It also means that the Doozer figures will be double their scaled size.

Much like the Palisades Muppets line, there isn't a "true" scale to these at all. It does mean that these will likely pair well with the Palisades line, but probably not too well with the Diamond Select stuff. Fozzie is 4.5 inches, so if Gobo is actually 5 then these are definitely not going to scale with that line. Palisades Kermit, however, is about 4.5 inches tall as well so these will fit in fine with Palisades figures.

Of course, none of these is really negative or positive, just interesting to see how these will scale. Boss Fight has no obligation to scale with any line other than their own.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... If DST S1 Fozzie = 4.5 inches and Boss Fight FR S1 Gobo = 5 full inches, you say that makes these Fraggle figures out of scale with the current selling DST Muppets line.

However, if Palisades S1 Kermit = 4.5 inches as well, and Boss Fight FR S1 Gobo = 5 full inches, you say that makes these more in scale with Palisades. Wait, that'd make :smirk: half an inch taller than :smile:, is that how they came across when meeting each other in MFC (since that's the one meet-up between both characters I remember visually to go by)?

You're absolutely right that Boss Fight has no in-scale requirements for the FR figures other than their own, but it'd help sales if they paired either with the classic Palisades or currently selling DST lines.
Thanks for the info. :wisdom:

MWoO

Reaction score
Based on the "Pass It On" segment, it would seem Gobo is a little bigger than Kermit. Of course, Muppet heights are always cheated. If you consider that Gobo's eyes rest on top of his head, while Kermit's sit on the side, and Gobo has tall hair, the scale seems good enough to me. Certainly better than it would be with DST.

The renders of the figures also give off a very Palisades vibe with the colors and textures and making these look like actual puppets. I wish these were early 2000's Palisades prices... but sadly those days are looong gone. Hopefuly the line is a success and MAYBE we can see Boss Fight do Sesame Street figures. Of course if they did, then I would need to take out a second mortgage.... though I suppose first I would need a house...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh yeah... And then we'd come back to the argument that the line would have greater character representation if it were a pre-posed PVC line instead of full-height action figures. As for Sesame, it was posted that Super7 would be making them, but I haven't read anything further than that so who knows. But with Muppets from Palisades and/or DST, Emmet Otter from Plastic Meatball, and now Fraggles from Boss Fight, it's shaping up to be a good year. :big_grin:

MWoO

Reaction score
Super7 figures are hit or miss, but then tend to do non-human figures well. Their Ren and Stimpy line of Ultimates looks just like the old Palisades stuff. If the Sesame Street line is an "Ultimates!" line, then they may scale with Palisades stuff as well and may match up with the same paint and sculpt style too. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Random numbers

Reaction score
I'm excited that Fraggle and Sesame Street figures are coming out! If the scale and style for the Fraggles actually turns out to match Palisades better than Diamond Select, then I guess I'll need to collect more Palisades figures. I was really hoping they would match better with Diamond Select's figures because those were so much more affordable for me to collect, and I think that line is continuing. Though, since I am only really interested in the core 5 Fraggles, I am most interested in what scale Super7's Sesame Street figures will be. However, if they only do ReAction figures, I'm not sure I'll collect them. Either way, it's so great that figures for these three Henson properties are being produced now. It's a good time to get back into collecting.