Fozzie reference picture used for sculpture.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have a set of 9 Muppet resin figures and noticed they have been sculpt from photos or sketch art.I am going to display the picture along side the figure and have found all except I havent been able to find the reference that was used for Fozzie.
Does anybody recognise a Fozzie photo or sketch art that resembles this:

If so, could you please share it?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Bump! Any Fozzie fans not seen this pose before from a photo or picture? It has me beat! As I mentioned, I have found all what the other sculptures were based on, just not Fozzie.Seems strange that a licensee would go for established concept Art/photos for all bar one, and then do their own for Fozzie, which is why I am thinking that the Fozzie image of him tilting his hat back and other hand forward(like a dance pose) must still be out there!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think I may have found it! It was used on the cover of Time Life Vol 15 Muppet Show video.

Now I have to find the original image without Piggy,Scooter and kermit superimposed over it.Does anybody have it?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think it may just be a random sculpture for said figure..something they came up with just for the figure itself

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
I can't help with the photo youre looking for, but I would like to ask you where this set of figures is from? I have never seen that Fozzie figure before, but it looks like a great Muppet collectible. If the other 8 figures are anything like him, I would like to get my own set of these figures.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is an unnatural body shape and pose for Fozzie so I'd guess the sculptor used some sort of drawn style guide image instead of a puppet photograph. It is an interesting, attractive series of figures, just not very Muppet accurate.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I can't help with the photo youre looking for, but I would like to ask you where this set of figures is from? I have never seen that Fozzie figure before, but it looks like a great Muppet collectible. If the other 8 figures are anything like him, I would like to get my own set of these figures.
Here is the set:

which was available in Australia and the UK.You can find them from time to time on ebay.
Not pictured is Kermit sitting on a stool, playing the Banjo.It is out of left frame and can just see the stool legs.

muppetperson

Reaction score
i think it may just be a random sculpture for said figure..something they came up with just for the figure itself
Here is what all the others have been based on:

I still think that Fozzie too was based on established artwork or photo, and that the video cover pic is the best so far.

muppetperson

Reaction score
This is an unnatural body shape and pose for Fozzie so I'd guess the sculptor used some sort of drawn style guide image instead of a puppet photograph. It is an interesting, attractive series of figures, just not very Muppet accurate.
The body seems to be too thin and reminds me of the Disney caricature that they used on a full body lanyard.The video jacket pic seems to fit, but of course it is up to how the Sculptor interprets it.Note the difference on the Piggy with fan based dress and how the sculpture turned out.Also note that Piggy's dress has been lengthened on the Piggy giving Kermit a strangle hug.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Case closed-I was wrong! The reference picture the Sculptor used was this:

I had come across it, but overlooked it because the clothes were removed and hand changed to be spread out instead of holding a cane.