Found The Jim Henson Hour on VHS

rtgentry

Reaction score
Hey I just found a treasure. My grandma used to record shows for us back when we were kids. And she recently started giving us the old things she had. I found a tape with Jim henson written on it. So I popped it in and bam.. it was the jim henson hour.: Dog City episode. it was really cool cause I never saw it or knew she recorded it.

The neat thing also was that most things she recorded were from the mid to late 1980s and she just hit record and it went. so it has news cast commercials other shows. christmas specials. ect really cool flash back into the past.

I dont know if this post goes here so move to where you like mods.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've only sen one episode of this show and is was the hidden one NBC never aired. I do wan to see the dog city one. I remember the show, but I've never seen the pilot for it on TJHH. I really would also love to see the Pilot of the Jim Henson Hour as well!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Nice find! It's finds like that that makes makes me wonder if my parents taped any Muppet/Sesame stuff and that tape is laying somwhere in our house. I did find The Muppets 30 Year Celebration on tape a few years ago, but I lost it. I've been forward through ours tapes for a couple of months now to find some, but all I've found is the ABC airing of Elmopalooza and an incomplete season 32 episode of SS.

Also, Dog City is my favorite JHH episode.

superboober

Reaction score
Somewhere in the deepest recesses of the attic I just may still have a tape containing an episode from probably Season 18 of Sesame (I recall there was a wintery puppet sequence and Pinball #8, that's about it), followed by an airing of Gunge the Great and Glorious (also a Shirt Tales eipsode before these). What condition it's in after all these years, though, I'm not sure.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I used to record SS episode almost everyday but then i was only instreded in watching them instead of wanting to keep them and i could only use a certain one or two and then i would run out of space on the tape and would record over stuff. So i wished i would have kept them but that's what happens when your a certain years old and you don't care of stuff till your to old to and it's already happened. :frown:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I used to record SS episode almost everyday but then i was only instreded in watching them instead of wanting to keep them and i could only use a certain one or two and then i would run out of space on the tape and would record over stuff. So i wished i would have kept them but that's what happens when your a certain years old and you don't care of stuff till your to old to and it's already happened. :frown:
I was actually very careful with my VHS when I was little because I never had that many...I didn't record SS, but I did put SS stickers on most of the vhs my daddy recorded for me before I was born..One of them had the Great Muppet Caper on it :smile: