Flaw on New Henson Book???

herihodiesemper

Reaction score
Is there more than one version of the photo on the cover of the new book "It's Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider"?

I ask because I've seen this photo before and Jim was facing a Bert puppet... not Kermit.

If the book design team altered an existing image, then bravo.
But, if there are a whole series of "Jim in Window with Character" photos, then I would love to see them all.

Any Clues???

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I beleive that picture is an altered image. it was altered for the upcoming booklet that has the muppet stamps. It is possible that the original image could be used again someday (perhaps in a book about sesame street or jim henson).

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yeah, it was discussed that the image has been altered as the image of Bert would fall under CTW licensing.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That makes me sick, though, it's like false advertising. I don't think they should have altered it..

unclematt

Reaction score
It must hve been altered sme time ago because I have seen both copies of that picture.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
false advertizing

MrsPepper said:
That makes me sick, though, it's like false advertising. I don't think they should have altered it..
do you mean false advertizing by changing the image? I think it is more misleading to have Jim Henson holding a bert puppet, since he never actually performed bert. I wonder if there are very many pictues availible hat show performers holding characters they didn't perform? In jim Henson: The Works there is a picture of Richard Hunt performing herry.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I meant it's false because he wasn't actually holding Kermit by that window. He was holding a toy Bert puppet. It's just tampering with a memory. We don't know what he was thinking when he was sitting on the window. It's just sad, because it wasn't the real event, and it's portraying him falsely cause it didn't happen like that.

unclematt

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
do you mean false advertizing by changing the image? I think it is more misleading to have Jim Henson holding a bert puppet, since he never actually performed bert. I wonder if there are very many pictues availible hat show performers holding characters they didn't perform? In jim Henson: The Works there is a picture of Richard Hunt performing herry.
He may nothave performed Bert but he created Bert