"Film Insert/Montage" segments from Sesame Street

Radster123

Reaction score
I'm putting together a list of filmmakers/directors/"outside studios" whom Sesame Street/Sesame Workshop commissioned film inserts from.

(ex: 1. Mustapha Khan directed the "Dancin' Shoes" and "Hot in the City" Film Montages
2. Marc Brugnoni directed the film inserts for "Everybody Eats/Sleeps", "Little Things", "You Can Clean Almost Anything", & "Skin" (1990))

But I could use some help in creating the list.
I mean there are some more skits in which I wanna know who or what "outside studio" worked on them as well, because I believe all of them deserve as much credit as those who worked on the Street segments and Muppet character segments.

(like who directed or which studio worked on the film inserts for "The Inside Story", "Elbows & Knees", "No Matter What", "Get On Up & Move Your Body", "I'm in Great Shape", "Jump" (1993), "Happy Happiness", "I'm a Little Airplane", "Conga Counting Song" etc)

clipjj27

Reaction score
Would the eight gymnast segments from 1973 and the five 'beginning-end' film segments from 1972 also fall into the category at which your inquiry is apparently aimed? Just wondering.

Radster123

Reaction score
Would the eight gymnast segments from 1973 and the five 'beginning-end' film segments from 1972 also fall into the category at which your inquiry is apparently aimed? Just wondering.
If it’s a live action film insert, then yes it would

clipjj27

Reaction score
'Beginning-End' segments

'Gymnast' segments
Actually, I'm trying to figure out where these segments were filmed, especially the gymnast segments, since they were all likely filmed in the same location, yet the background is so dark and nondescript. I do know, however, that the gymnast's name is Deborah Eich Romer. Do you remember the 'beginning-end' and gymnast segments as well, if I may ask?

Radster123

Reaction score
Actually, I'm trying to figure out where these segments were filmed, especially the gymnast segments, since they were all likely filmed in the same location, yet the background is so dark and nondescript. I do know, however, that the gymnast's name is Deborah Eich Romer. Do you remember the 'beginning-end' and gymnast segments as well, if I may ask?
I’m afraid I don’t, I believe they stopped showing those inserts by the time I was introduced to Sesame Street in the 90s

clipjj27

Reaction score
I’m afraid I don’t, I believe they stopped showing those inserts by the time I was introduced to Sesame Street in the 90s
OK, I understand. The 'beginning-end' segments last appeared in Season 11 (1980), while the gymnast segments had their 'last hurrah' in Season 14 (1983).

Radster123

Reaction score
It sure would be great if the behind the scenes footage for at least most of the live action film inserts still exists, depending on the outside studios sesame workshop commissioned them from