Film by film, best line line-up

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sooo, what's the best line in each of the films?

I'm going for:

Muppet's From Space: "A sandwich told me," Gonzo

Kermit's Swamp Years: "In rubber pants?" Mary

Muppet Treasure Island: "Come aboard this exceptionly safe little boat. And by the way, that Silver fellow, may not be trustworthy," Sam

Muppet Caper: "What color are their hands now?" Beauregard

Muppet Movie: "Not you Buzard Beak," Piggy

Muppet's Take Manhatten: "Not my table," Rizzo

__

So, what're you favorites?

Klonoa

Reaction score
I can't remember exact quotes, so I'll just improv a bit.

Muppets From Space: The whole 'doctors in the hallway' bit by Pepe.

Kermit's Swamp Years: Um...just about anything Joe the Armadillo says.

Muppet Treasure Island: Actually I like the whole running gag with the rats on the cruise ship, especially the bit in that one song: "Margaritas on the midnight buffet." But on the DVD extras, I really like Gonzo's and Rizzo's conversation: Rizzo: "Hey, how would you feel if someone was putting their hand down your..." Gonzo: "Back!"

Muppet Caper: "You want me to stop, or what?" --Beau. Also: "Looks like steering wheel souffle tonight." "Again??"

Muppet Movie: "EAT DRUMS! EAT DRUMS!" "No Animal, BEAT drums!"

Muppets Take Manhattan: Hmm...it's been the longest since I've seen this one. Need to fire up that DVD I just bought of it. OK, that soap commercial, they were talking about it. I think it goes: "It's like going on a cruise...except there's no boat and you're not going anywhere."

Hey! Don't forget Muppet Christmas Carol! I love the whole "Heat Wave" scene, and Rizzo saying "You're welcome Mister Dickens" all sarcastically.

--Klonoa

BornBlue

Reaction score
TMM, Rowlf: "I go home at night, have a beer, take myself for a walk, and go to bed."

TMM, Gonzo: "My dream is to go to Bombay, India to become a movie star."
Fozzie: "You don't go to Bombay to become a movie star. You go where we're going, Hollywood!"
Gonzo: "Oh sure, If you want to do it the EASY way!"

^Actually... many of the BEST Muppet lines come from that movie.

TGMC: Girl: "Look, father, a bear!" Father: "No, dear, that's a frog. Bears wear hats."

Miss Piggy, to Nicky Holliday: "You're a phony! Yes, and you know what, you can't even sing. You were dubbed!"

TMTM: Ronnie Crawford: "I want to do something different!"
Bernard Crawford: "So put some Jell-O down your pants!"

I have to agree with Klonoa about the heatwave scene in Muppet Christmas Carol...
Rats: "This is an island in the sun! Oi! Oi!"

MFS: Pepe to Rizzo: "You tell him, and I will spank you. I will spank you like a bad, bad doggy, okay!"

MTI: Gonzo: "It just feels so weird."
Rizzo: "You mean that Mr. Arrow's dead?"
Gonzo: "Yeah, that... and my pants are filled with starfish."
Rizzo: "You and your hobbies."

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Great Muppet Caper: Well the whole joints gone to he**-Janice

The Muppet Movie: Easier done than said-Dr. Teeth

Muppet Treasure Island: Hey man, I can't figure out what side we're on. Are with the pirates or the Frog captain? Hey man just play the gig, never get involved in politics. Politics! Politics!-Zoot, Floyd, Animal

Muppets Take Manhatten: Gonzo, is Camilla alright? Ya, but I think we're engaged-Miss Piggy and Gonzo

Muppet Christmas Carol: It's the American way..........It's the British Way!-Sam the Eagle

Muppets From Space: Make way for the alien. Let his world weirdness through-Rizzo the rat

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Muppets from Space: "We will be having bologna sanwiches, okay.....without the bread, okay." :rolleyes:

Muppet Treasure Island: I can't remember the line but it's about Dead John (or whoever was the skeleton pirate) and one of the others is lamenting how he's dead......sheesh, I wish I could remember it.

Muppet Christmas Carol: "No cheeses for us meeces" - that always cracks me up.

Muppets Take Manhattan: I can't think of one off the top of my head.

The Great Muppet Caper: :flirt: "...and I said, "Mother, I can walk around naked if I want to."

The Muppet Movie: I can't think of one from that either.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dead Tom's dead...Silver shot him...

But Dead Tom's always been dead, that's why he's called, 'Dead Tom'

Oh. Ahh! Get away from the dead...

* that what you're looking for Bombay?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
My favourites are:The Muppet Movie:The Great Muppet Caper:The Muppets Take Manhatten:Muppets From Space :smile: :mad: :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppet Movie:
Floyd: Well... if this were the movies....
Dr. Teeth: Which it is!

Great Muppet Caper: Piggy and Beaureguard (at different times): What color are their hands now?

Muppets Take Manhattan:
Bill:Ocean Breeze soap. It's like a crusie, only there's no boat, and you don't really go anywhere.
Kermit: sounds a bit long....

Muppet Family christmas: Light the lamp not the rat, LIGHT THE LAMP, NOT THE RAT! PUTMEOUT PUTMEOUT PUTMEOUT!!!

MTI: (tie) Tim Curry: Upstage me, Lads? This is my only number!

Rat Tour Guide: And this is the location where they shot the movie, Muppet Treasure Island

MFS: Dr. Teeth: Shaloam.......

KSY (didn't see it yet)

VMC: Sam: the words on my Coffee mug are right! It's hard to soar with eagles, when you work... for turkeys....

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Dead Tom's dead...Silver shot him...

But Dead Tom's always been dead, that's why he's called, 'Dead Tom'

Oh. Ahh! Get away from the dead...

* that what you're looking for Bombay?
That's the ticket! Thanks for finding that! Man, it makes me laugh so hard! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Rat Tour Guide: And this is the location where they shot the movie, Muppet Treasure Island
You mean:
...the actual jungle filming location of Muppet Treasure Island...