Favorite Star Wars Movie Poll

What is your guys favorite Star Wars movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Attack of the Clones

• Revenge of the Sith

• A New Hope

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Force Awakens

• The Last Jedi

• The Rise of Skywalker

• The Clone Wars (Animated)

• Rogue One

• Solo

• Total voters

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was 9 when A New Hope came out. It wasn’t just another movie, it changed movie history. I mean it was a huge cultural moment. Even your 90 year old grandmother knew who R2D2 was.

subsequent movies did even better at the box office, and attracted legions of fans, but never had the same cultural impact.
I’m also partial to Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
But New Hope still stands on its own, if you never saw another Star Wars flick, you get the whole story here.

The original cast of characters were iconic. Jar Jar, not so much.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I was 9 when A New Hope came out. It wasn’t just another movie, it changed movie history. I mean it was a huge cultural moment. Even your 90 year old grandmother knew who R2D2 was.

subsequent movies did even better at the box office, and attracted legions of fans, but never had the same cultural impact.
I’m also partial to Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
But New Hope still stands on its own, if you never saw another Star Wars flick, you get the whole story here.

The original cast of characters were iconic. Jar Jar, not so much.
That's awesome! I wish I was able to see the movies in theaters. The first Star Wars movie I saw in theaters was the phantom menace 🤢. But my Dad showed my brother and I the original trilogy when we were little and I grew up with those movies.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Empire
Any other of the answers are wrong

The shock of the Darth Vader reveal is legendary nothing came close to it until the snap in Infinity War nearly 40 years later

Grumpo

Reaction score
There is something to be said about Return of the Jedi as well. To pull through what ROTJ did without seeming too cheesy or self-righteous, and finalize the whole Jedi ethos into shape takes no mean talent and vision. (I have no issues with Ewoks, the furry critters are fun.) A worthy conclusion to the trilogy -- I rate all three about the same, but if i have to only pick one, I'd go with ROTJ.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
There is something to be said about Return of the Jedi as well. To pull through what ROTJ did without seeming too cheesy or self-righteous, and finalize the whole Jedi ethos into shape takes no mean talent and vision. (I have no issues with Ewoks, the furry critters are fun.) A worthy conclusion to the trilogy -- I rate all three about the same, but if i have to only pick one, I'd go with ROTJ.
ROTJ was my favorite when I was younger, considering that it had just about everything: Ewoks, Yoda, Jabba the Hutt, epic lightsaber scenes, Boba Fett, Emperor Palpatine, etc. I think as I've gotten older I've realized some of its flaws. It's still a great movie tho!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
New Hope was unique in the fact people were going back to the theatres five, ten, even TWENTY times to see Luke blow up the Death Star. You would not believe the cheers this scene brought. You felt like your team won the Super Bowl.
Empire was good, and at the end with Han frozen in ice, you knew we’d be back to see to see what happens.
Jedi, I was there in the theatre, but the only thing I remember besides the Ewoks was Luke and the Rancor- and that pig creature that got eaten up..

Grumpo

Reaction score
Yep, like they say, you have only one chance to make a good first impression. Same goes for big Wow, i guess -- and the original trilogy made every shot count.
  • A New Hope gave us the original unspoiled "Join the Rebels, bomb the nazis" big Sci-Fi thrill - as well as huge, fascinating, feel-lived-in universe with fun guys and hints of great history.
  • The Empire Strikes Back amazed with snow walkers, cloud cities, Yoda, Emperor, and daring starship escapes - not to mention "I am your father" revelation.
  • Return of the Jedi... well, wrapped it all up, with a kick. It had all the good stuff from the other two (but the big Wow for that already happened, so it made less impact there), and went with Ewoks for the sake of difference.
    What it deserves the credit for, though, is painting into all that the "fan the hate = join the nasties" thing, which was prepared thoroughly and served with a bang. It gave more substance to what Jedi were, and that, like a good seasoning, added a lot to the trilogy.
Gosh we need more of that mentality around these days. =)