Favorite Gonzo stunt

Xerus

Reaction score
Gonzo has done some wild and unusual, and sometimes deadly stunts on the Muppet Show in the name of art. What are your favorite things he's done? Here are mine.

Eating a rubber tire to The Flight of the Bumblebee.

Balancing a piano while reciting the 7 multiplication tables.

Singing top hat while tap dancing in a vat of oatmeal.

And there was one act he described, "INDESCRIBABLE", where it featured him on a stand, along with a tire swing, a fire, and a cow. But poor Gonzo never got to do his Indescribable act for he got booed off the stage.

rexcrk

Reaction score
It wasn't on the Muppet Show, but I loved when he jumped in front of the cab yelling "TAXI!" in Great Muppet Caper.

MockMockChef

Reaction score
One of mine favorite Gonzo stunts was on The Muppet Show with John Cleese when he catch a canonball with his hand (with no handprotector) and then his arm gets 5 feet long :concern:.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
The one where he hypnotized himself to lift the 5000 pound weight, but woke himself up while still holding the weight. He had some great lines with Statler and Waldorf.

Gonzo: It's just a question of mind over matter.
Waldorf: That's right, you don't mind and we don't matter.
Gonzo: You'll live to regret this.
Statler: We intend to.
Gonzo: I just don't understand you people. Immortality is up for grabs. But you don't deserve it.
Waldorf: No, but you do.

(Later after being squashed by the weight)
Gonzo: Hey Kermit, it went terrific.
Waldorf: He says it went terrific, but I know how he really feels.
Statler: How's that?
Waldorf: (raising had a few inches above the balcony) About so high.

backpacker

Reaction score
hi everyone,
I just registered!!well my favourite is when gonzo tried to land with his motorcycle between Waldorf and Statler,having his first attempt being a complete disaster,and the second time he succeeded but he had them chained to their chairs [for their own safety!!!].
I remember the first time seeing it,how funny it was,I'm still laughing while watching it! :boo:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
KETNETMUPPETNOW said:
One of mine favorite Gonzo stunts was on The Muppet Show with John Cleese when he catch a canonball with his hand (with no handprotector) and then his arm gets 5 feet long :concern:.
The first one that always comes to my mind.Such a classic.

Frogster

Reaction score
When he rode his bicycle into the balcony! That was hilarious!
:concern: "I'm ready, Kermit!"
:smile: "Yeah, I'm introducing you."
:concern: "Do it fast; I'm really ready!!!"

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I like the one in the Kenny Rogers episode when he is going to catapult himself, but instead he slips and sends an already injured Kermit and Miss Piggy into Statler and Waldorf's box. In his anger, he cries, "Those two stole my act!" I always thought that was so funny.

I also like when he defuses the bomb in the Dudley Moore episode, and when MAMMA startles him, he ends up blowing up the entire Muppet theatre.

Thinking about all of his stunts makes me laugh. Gonzo is such a great character - no wonder they call him "The Great Gonzo". :concern: