Famous songs on TMS

Frogster

Reaction score
How many people out there heard a famous song sung on The Muppet Show before you knew it was a song even before that? I got the idea of this thread from the post about the origin of Mahna Mahna. Anyways, here's my list...
Lime And The Coconut
Act Naturally
New York State Of Mind
Ukelele Lady
Chatanooga Choo Choo
Ragg Mopp
Staying Alive
I Go To Rio
Temptation (?)
You guys got some songs out there? Just list them below... I can't wait to hear them!

dpurves

Reaction score
I don't think I ever heard "For what it's worth" by Buffalo Springfield before I heard it on The Muppet Show. In fact, I never even knew its title until I looked it up to respond to this thread. I only knew it as "Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down."

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
dpurves said:
I don't think I ever heard "For what it's worth" by Buffalo Springfield before I heard it on The Muppet Show. In fact, I never even knew its title until I looked it up to respond to this thread. I only knew it as "Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down."
I had heard it before seeing in on TMS, but I too knew it by the lyrics, and didn't learn the title until much later.

There are probably zillions of TMS songs I heard there first; the only I can think of off the top of my head is "While my Guitar Gently Weeps", which I guessed was a Beatles song (this was prior to my Beatles obession days) and yay!, I got it right.