Family Reunion Magazine Reprint is out

Drtooth

Reaction score
Very strange that there hasn't been any reports about this. Even stranger that I brought it up.

But... eh... like the title said The Family Reunion arc reprint magazine is out. Seems they've skipped around to the penultimate arc for some reason, giving us new hope that MAYBE they might get to printing the unpublished storyline a lot quicker. If that's the case, I'm not quite as bummed about this as I initially was.

And if that isn't the case, now fans who missed out on the initial comics release can enjoy one of the best arcs in the series.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a shame they didn't skip to The Four Seasons (I wonder if they will in december... Are these reprints meant to come out every three months or four?). Then again, has it been reported that Roger Langridge completed The Four Seasons?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's been said that the artwork and story have been completed and the only thing needed was publication. I still think Disney should have given them a stay of execution to get those last four issues out, but it could stand to reason that it can be published this way.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Given the timing, it's a wonder they didn't release Muppet Mash, since it's october. Then again, Family Reunion is one of the best storyarcs (along with the first four issues and On the Road), so maybe they wanted to get the next best one rereleased.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Family Reunion is a very strong arc and more of a chance of being a big seller than Muppet Mash would be. Of course, this is hitting the comic stores now, who knows when it will hit newsstands and grocery stores (though I still have yet to see the last issue hit those places), so maybe a Halloween themed issue would either be right on time or just a little after. If a Halloween issue is late, I don't think anyone's really going to want it. And one of the stories DOES specifically take place on that day.

I think they could have released it on time, but to air on the side of caution a different arc is going in its place. Still, I wonder why they're going out of order. As long as they find a way to give us the unreleased arc, I'll be happy.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I know they have it here at G-Mart comic books in downtown Champaign. I read it. It's a good one. I didn't buy it though.

Walter

Reaction score
I was at Toys R us recently and they had an issue of the Muppet Show comic book that had beaker on the front.. it appeared to be Halloween themed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was at Toys R us recently and they had an issue of the Muppet Show comic book that had beaker on the front.. it appeared to be Halloween themed.
Unless it was a magazine, that was there for a while. I have the luxury to buy comics from comic stores that some people unfortunately don't... so I manage to get them the day of their release, if not that weekend. Newsstands get them whenever, and sometimes they sit there for months. That sat there for about a year if it's the comic.

Plus, when I see them in newsstand places (book stores, groceries, TRU) they're in poor condition.