Eugene the tuba player

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know who performed Eugene, the tuba player from It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie?

Beauregard

Reaction score
And, more to the point, where did he appear from?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Were you asking about why he was used or what scene he was in?

Anyway, if you are asking about what scene he was from, he was in the orchestra, and after Miss Piggy falls into the orchestra, she accidently breaks his tuba. Miss Piggy aid, "My fall was fixed by Kermits love", and then he said "I wish Kermits love could fix my tuba". After that, Kermit said, "You bet, Eugene". He also had a line after rachel bittermen said something mean to miss piggy.

I think he was created for this movie. I think he was a bit unnessesary, and it's weird that they gave him a line (and had his name mention). If they needed extra musicians in the orchestra they should have just used Lips and Trumpet Girl, not create some new orchestra members (they also should have used Nigel The Conductor instead of some whatnot conductor). If they needed a big instrument for miss piggy to fall into, then just have her fall into Zoots saxaphone.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'd be betting odds that Eugene was performed by Bill. He seems to perfrom a wide variety of different characters, kind of like Jerry Nelson.

I agree that the character of Eugene was unnecessary. they could have had Floyd or Zoot say something, or even Nigel or Lips if they were around.

ryan

B

Boppity

Maybe.....

Maybe Eugene is Lips in DISGUISE! :eek:
Or Y'know a REPLACEMENT! :eek:

Anywayz I was also wondering was Howard Pig created just for the VMMCM to (HE WAS HILAROUS)

:big_grin: LOVE THAT TUSH! (I think Bill did him to y'know)

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Boppity said:

Anywayz I was also wondering was Howard Pig created just for the VMMCM to (HE WAS HILAROUS)
The same puppet was used on MT as Howard Tubman a very rich pig that was eating all the time.

B

Boppity

Ohhhhhhh

Thanks for that I haven't actually seen MT, I wonder why he wasn't in MFS?

Boppity