Episodes that Fletcherbird should have appeared in

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are there any epsiodes that you think Fletcherbird could or should have been in?

Here is my list:

Leslie Uggums: Could have done something with Big Bird (Graham Fletcher, who performed Fletcherbird, performed one of the monsters in the opening number, so he could have performed Fletcher)
Linda Lavin: could have appeared in the closing number
Liza Minelli: could have appeared alongside the Troll and Mutation from this episode
James Coburn: could have danced with Betsy Bird in Bird Walk
Roger Moore: could have been in Talk To The Animals

D

Dil

Here's one episode Fletcher Bird could've appeared in:

Gladys Knight: They should have used one of GK's song which Fletcher and Gladys would appear in. Fletcher Bird sings all of the song's words, and Gladys gets angry and says "Hey! I was supposed to sing it all. You weren't supposed to sing ANY of that song!" and then chases Fletcher at the end.

D

Dil

OK, moving right along...

Spike Milligan: could have played a Phoenix dancing to Fozzie's "Oklahoma" number. This would have been the only number featuring Fletcherbird without any guests.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
James Coburn: could have danced with Betsy Bird in Bird Walk
Funny, I just watched that episode and the Diana Ross one a couple of days ago and was thinking about pairing those two birds up in a fanfic.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

D

Dil

Alice Cooper: could have with Alice Cooper in "School's Out"
Spike Milligan: could have played a phoenix dancing with the Mutations in "Oklahoma"
And also...
Loretta Swit: could have appeared as Super Bird during the "I Feel The Earth Move" number:
After Thog almost destroyed the entire building, the camera cut to Fletcherbird saying "This looks like a job for... Super Bird!" then turns into Super Bird with a red cape, and then flies to Thog, and asks him "Say, Mr. Monster, what's your weight?" and then a 500,000 lb. weight falls on Thog, who is lighter than the weight. Loretta then comes to Fletcher and says to him "You're a Real Hero".

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Dil said:
Alice Cooper: could have with Alice Cooper in "School's Out"
But then the number wouldn't be Alice with only monsters as was befitting the Halloween theme.

Spike Milligan: could have played a phoenix dancing with the Mutations in "Oklahoma"
I don't quite understand. I've heard of phoenixes but is their legend a strictly Japanese one?

Loretta Swit: could have appeared as Super Bird during the "I Feel The Earth Move" number:
After Thog almost destroyed the entire building, the camera cut to Fletcherbird saying "This looks like a job for... Super Bird!" then turns into Super Bird with a red cape, and then flies to Thog, and asks him "Say, Mr. Monster, what's your weight?" and then a 500,000 lb. weight falls on Thog, who is lighter than the weight. Loretta then comes to Fletcher and says to him "You're a Real Hero".
I like the joke, I really do, but I think the number worked best as it was, cutting off after Loretta escapes the station moments before Thog crushes it. I think that joke would work best in a sketch rather than tacked onto the end of a song. It's a good joke, though, perfectly worthy of the Muppets.:big_grin:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole