EM Band Leaving on Ballard Ep.

Saironi

Reaction score
I've often wondered something about the Kay Ballard episode. I can understand why Zoot, Floyd, Animal and the Trumpet Girl were leaving (Animal mostly because Floyd seemed to decide for him), but why was Dr. Teeth among them and went to the orchestra pit before Kay's number? I've never seen Teeth in the orchestra pit at all in the first season and sometimes he even performed by himself. What reason would Dr. Teeth have to leave?

Xerus

Reaction score
Maybe Dr. Teeth wants to be loyal to the friends in his band, The Electric Mayhem. And he feels their agony.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, it's Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem as their title. If the consensus of his fellow band mates are going to split the coop of the jive-turkey show (yeah, I'm playing Floyd there), then he may be willing to go with them. He may have ended up in the Orchestra Pit for that number because Rowlf was busy at the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, Dr. Teeth never appeared as part of the orchestra pit in that episode, and he wasn't in the closing number. Rowlf wasn't part of the group of musicians threatening to quit. You could say that Teeth was just sticking with the band, but then Janice wasn't with the musicians who were quitting, and she wasn't part of the orchestra untill the last season.

Saironi

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Rowlf wasn't part of the group of musicians threatening to quit. but then Janice wasn't with the musicians who were quitting, and she wasn't part of the orchestra untill the last season.
Interesting points. Also, Harry wasn't among the others who wanted to quit, either, so where'd he vanish off to?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Saironi said:
Interesting points. Also, Harry wasn't among the others who wanted to quit, either, so where'd he vanish off to?
Uh pardon me but who is Harry?:confused:

Wait you must mean Crazy Harry who played the triangle. Well he was probably too insane to care about the rest of the orchestra quitting but maybe he thought since only Rowlf was present at the end he'd go play with his dynamite sticks and other toys for awhile:crazy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like Crazy Harry only appeared as part of the orchestra in the opening and closing. He also didn't appear as part of the orchestra in the Phyllis Diller episode (though there was a pig who played the clarinet for that episode only). I wonder if Crazy Harry was originally meant to be a regular part of the orchestra but dropped as an orchestra member early on or if he was only meant to be in the orchestra in the opening and closing.

giovannii

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
It seems like Crazy Harry only appeared as part of the orchestra in the opening and closing. He also didn't appear as part of the orchestra in the Phyllis Diller episode (though there was a pig who played the clarinet for that episode only). I wonder if Crazy Harry was originally meant to be a regular part of the orchestra but dropped as an orchestra member early on or if he was only meant to be in the orchestra in the opening and closing.
I'm suprised they had Crazy Harry playing a triangle. You'd think they woulda had him with a bomb. In fact, an explosion at that part of the theme would have worked well.

Its just strange from the questest musical instrument to a bomb (one of the loudest noises on earth).