Elmos's World

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I have to agree that as annoying as Elmo is sometimes. I like a lot of Kevin Clash's other characters such as Hoots the Owl, Clifford and Baby Sinclair from "Dinosaurs."

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
.........so much as the overmerchandisation of him (I'm going through the same phase with Winnie the Pooh).
Oh god, dont even start on Winne the Pooh, so much merchandise, so many fans.... can't handle the pressure...... must die....... My sisters room is a winnie the pooh haven, I cant handle him.....:frown:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Elmo is a sensitive subject for a lot of Muppet fans. We all know that. But of course it is okay to talk about Elmo or Elmo's World. Whatever we may think, Elmo is a big part of the Muppets and SST.

In defense of the little red monster (and at the risk of getting myself flamed) Elmo is insanely popular with young children. He is an excellent teacher and Elmo's World helps young kids make sense of the world and day to day life. Sesame Street, after all, is not made for teen and adult Muppet fans. It is made for toddlers and preschoolers and a great many highly intelligent people go to great lengths to make it as educational and appealing as possible. The bottom line is Elmo's World works.
Thanks. I was waiting for someone to say that.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I agree. I mean, if it works for the audience it's geared for, I guess it's good to have on. But I don't think it really needs to be on Noggin, because I think they have enough of it on PBS. The last thing we need is more Elmo's World. I thought it was fine the way it was with "Sesame Street 1 (PBS)" and "Sesame Street 2 (Noggin)". Well, that's sort of what Noggin calls it, but since they added season 30, and will be phasing out season 25, it's too similar to the current Sesame Street that's on PBS. That's why I think they should keep the old shows.

Also, I've heard rumors that one of these days, they will actually make Elmo's World a separate show altogether. They may even keep Elmo's World, and cancel the rest of Sesame Street. Elmo's World, technically, is more popular than the rest of the show. I know it wouldn't be something we would want, but if it's popular with preschoolers, than, that's what they should do.

I mean, I loved Sesame Street without Elmo's World, but it seems to be a permanent fixture now. I mean, I wouldn't exactly consider it new, I mean, it's been on for about 4 years now. So I guess Elmo's World works for it's audience, and that's what's important. Now, I am just going to go to a corner and cry that eventually, we will no longer see the "Elmo's World-Free" Sesame Street.:frown:

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Guess what Elmo's thinking about today?... FIRE!

Insert all the standard content... end with Elmo going up in flames.

BTW, Elmo has been "thinking about" jackets for the last five
consecutive shows that I've seen. Talk about a one-track mind! If he loves them so much, I think we should give him the ultimate jacket experience, in a straight-jacket.

Should this be before or aftter he is "tickled" by moths?

Cherry "not an Elmo fan, in case you didn't notice" Pizza

roadrat15

Reaction score
Ah, the thought of the little red menace going up in flames is too tempting for words!