Does Sony need Disney's ok?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that Disney hadnt gained control to the rights to The Muppet Movie yet, due to a Henson deal with Sony, which was still to expire before Disney could control it.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Plus, some of those Muppet movies aren't owned by Disney, including (as far as I know) :

• Mupppets Take Manhatten
  • Kermit's Swamp Years

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Plus, some of those Muppet movies aren't owned by Disney, including (as far as I know) :

• Mupppets Take Manhatten
  • Kermit's Swamp Years
You forgot "Muppets From Space".

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Thanks... but NO ones really helped me any.

1. Disney does holy-own The Muppet Movie (and Great Muppet Caper) now. Sony NEVER owned it, just had rights to release them on DVD/vhs, the same way Disney/Buena Vista did on VHS back in 1993.

and 2. I know Sony have the dvd/vhs release rights for MFS, MTM and KSY, they co-own them with Now Disney.

My question is... does Sony NEED an "okay" by Disney/MHC to relase this "new" box set of the other 3 Muppet movies (MFS, MTM and KSY)??!!.

:crazy:

muppetperson

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Thanks... but NO ones really helped me any.

1. Disney does holy-own The Muppet Movie (and Great Muppet Caper) now. Sony NEVER owned it, just had rights to release them on DVD/vhs, the same way Disney/Buena Vista did on VHS back in 1993.

and 2. I know Sony have the dvd/vhs release rights for MFS, MTM and KSY, they co-own them with Now Disney.

My question is... does Sony NEED an "okay" by Disney/MHC to relase this "new" box set of the other 3 Muppet movies (MFS, MTM and KSY)??!!.

:crazy:
I never said Sony owned The Muppet Movie.It was a deal for releasing rights.Maybe it has now expired.But what I was getting at is that Sony wouldnt have to get permission from Disney while the Henson deal exists.Why dont you ring Sony.I'm sure they will be more helpfull.:stick_out_tongue: