Does Sesame Street do parodies any more?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question. Does Sesame Street do parodies anymore? Just curious.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No. There was an article from 2016 about how they were cutting back on spoofs and celebrities and adult-targeted jokes because research found that adults weren't watching with their kids as much anymore, so to better focus on what kids like, they essentially stopped those things. They've done some parody stuff for YouTube since then, though.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
No. There was an article from 2016 about how they were cutting back on spoofs and celebrities and adult-targeted jokes because research found that adults weren't watching with their kids as much anymore, so to better focus on what kids like, they essentially stopped those things. They've done some parody stuff for YouTube since then, though.
Just as I thought. Thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And this is one reason why Joey Mazzarino left.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I haven't watched much of the show since the move to HBO, I feel like they didn't really cut back on celebrity appearances. Seems they still have those as often as before (aside from dropping the daily Word of the Day segments).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, by contrast, season 45 had 39 celebrity guest appearances across 26 episodes, whereas the current season only has 6 across 35 episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So they've cut down on the celebrities in six years.

Though during this time there have been two celebrity montage segments (Rubber Duckie and that counting to 50 by 5 segment). I keep feeling like there's another that I can't quite think of.

Even with them cutting down on parodies, it is good that they still show the old parodies sometimes (don't know about this season). Existing Cookie's Crumby Pictures segments have aired since season 46.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
So even though they're not going to do parodies on their show, but put them on Youtube instead? If that's the case, I guess I won't go against that.