Does anyone remember this clip?? I'm going nuts!!

Beth C

Reaction score
Sorry to be posting this but it has been driving me nuts for the longest time and I thought I finally better post about this and see if anyone else remembers this.

On the day Jim Henson died, I remember popping a tape into the VCR to catch a bit of the news about it for later. I also remember that was the day Sammy Davis Jr died to, right?

They talked a bit about Jim and his muppets, and then they broke to a commercial, saying they would be back in a few minutes. When they came back it was kinda weird. I almost forgot to click on the VCR and I missed the first few seconds but I did get most of the clip.

It's the only time I ever saw this clip.

Kermit was sitting on a park bench, all alone. It kinda reminded me of something you would see on Sesame Street. There were trees and such all around him and possibly some water nearby. (a small pond perhaps) He was not sitting on the tree stump that we all have seen from TMS clip, but this was definately a bench. He began singing "It's not easy being green" really sad like. Then he cut right into "A song from Kermit". The bit ended and Kermit was looking down at his feet, really sad.

I remember crying my eyes out at that. But that's not all.

It led right into the next clip which was all the Muppets singing "Saying Goodbye" which was filled with flashbacks from Jim Henson's life.

This was played in Ft Lauderdale, FL that day. I don't remember the station, but I remember those clips. I know the 'Saying Goodbye' one was mainly the song track set to the clips. But the thing that bugs me was the Kermit one.

All alone on a bench, singing both songs. I have it somewhere on a VHS tape but I can't seem to find which one, as back then I hardly ever labeled them (dumb I know now) and I've got some 300 + tapes from all the years I taped this and that. Trying to find the 5 min newsbit in all that is like looking for the needle in the haystack.

So has anyone else ever heard of the Kermit clip before? Was it part of a Sesame Street show? Was it footage that was shot for something and never used?? This is driving me NUTS!! One day I'll have to sit and watch every tape just to find it again!! I know I saw it and I'm not hallucinating!!!

~Beth C :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,
It sounds like they used a clip from The Great Muppet Caper and dubbed the song over it. Making it seem like he is singing it.

Beth C

Reaction score
No, it wasn't from the Great Muppet Caper. I've seen that movie many times, but this clip was not in this. It was not dubbed either. It was very much like it would be seen on Sesame Street ( like one of their sets ) not from a movie type set.

I hope I'm making sense, because this is still driving me nuts!!!

~Beth C

Ryan

Reaction score
I think you mean "A Song From Kermit." It was done around 1975 on SS. He's in a park with a blue sky backround, and a few trees, and he's sitting on the bench alone..here's some lyrics to maybe jog your memory: (may be a few mistakes, I haven't wathced it for a while)

"A Song From Kermit,
To wish you well
To say I miss you and I hope you're feeling well.
A Song From Kermit,
To wish you cheer
To say i miss you and I wish that you were here.
It may sound fairly croaky like
It's not the song for you
But with every note
There's a lump in my throat
So I hope you're listening to
A Song From Kermit
To help you see
That I hope we can be as close as we can be
And if you like my song from Kermit
Maybe you'll like me"

Beauregard

Reaction score
That is a rully sad song. Does anyone have an Mp3 of that?

__

Sad, sad, boo-hooer. Triddily-how songaload. Mp3 prehaps anyonevoi?

Beth C

Reaction score
Ryan said:
I think you mean "A Song From Kermit." It was done around 1975 on SS. He's in a park with a blue sky backround, and a few trees, and he's sitting on the bench alone..here's some lyrics to maybe jog your memory: (may be a few mistakes, I haven't wathced it for a while)

"A Song From Kermit,
To wish you well
To say I miss you and I hope you're feeling well.
A Song From Kermit,
To wish you cheer
To say i miss you and I wish that you were here.
It may sound fairly croaky like
It's not the song for you
But with every note
There's a lump in my throat
So I hope you're listening to
A Song From Kermit
To help you see
That I hope we can be as close as we can be
And if you like my song from Kermit
Maybe you'll like me"

This sounds like the one, but did they ever have him singing "It's not easy being Green" on the same park bench?

Because I know he sang BOTH songs, one right after the other.

~Beth C

Beth C

Reaction score
Yes, both songs with a small pause in between. Oh how i wish I could find that clip again!!! Stupid me for not labeling my tapes!!!

~Beth C :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
All I can remember is the "A song from Kermit" one. I really don't think he sang its not easy being green but thats the only thing I remember. I have that clip but only him sing "A song from Kermit."