Digit

Xerus

Reaction score
One short lived character I thought was cool was Digit the Android. He was a big part of Muppetelevision on the Jim Henson Hour. Digit was a gray android with wires for hair, a hearing aid in his ear, and he wore a coat covered with numbers. And was voiced by Dave Goelz. Mainly Digit kept Muppetelevision running for he was plugged into the entire system and sometimes, he'd short circuit and needed repairing fast.

Digit also made an appearance in an episode of the Cosby Show with some other Muppetelevison based Muppets. Digit was in the hospital malfunctioning and he asked Cliff if he would hit him like he was a TV.

Then Digit made over a 10 year absence, but surprisingly came back in the Muppet Party Cruise game where he introduced his own game, Short Circuit.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I never got to watch much of Muppetelevision. But I always thought Digit was awesome.

Frankly he was the only new character for that show that I remembered!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really like Digit. He is the only new character from The Jim henson Hour that i remember from my childhood (before Nickeldoeon aired The Secrets of the Muppets). He is a much better character than Bean Bunny and Clifford, and I don't see why he wasn't used more after that. Dave Goelz never left the company/ died/ semi-retired/ pursued a directing career, so I don't see why he hasn't been brought back. He would have been a great character for Muppets Tonight.

Elchippo

Reaction score
Good thread. Bring back Digit!

Here's a thought: Is he owned by Disney? He's not exactly a "Classic Muppet". Didn't know if he was thrown into the deal too or if they hung onto him.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Digit should be owned by Disney. Disney owns the MuppeTelevision portions of The Jim Henson Hour, and Digit was a big part of that, and he didn't appear in anything that The Jim Henson Company still owns the rights to (I am assuming that Disney owns the InnerTube pilot).

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Digit and Leon are by fare 2 of my favorite muppets and I'd love to see them come back even if at all as cameos I'd be super happy :smile: :halo:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The first time I saw Digit, I thought "Man, what a scary Muppet!", but then again; a lot of The Jim Henson Hour was like that. I think that's where Jim's mind was at its free-est, y'know? Pure imagination that reached from the bubbly and happy to the dark and not talked about. Pure genius.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The first time I saw Digit, I thought "Man, what a scary Muppet!", but then again; a lot of The Jim Henson Hour was like that. I think that's where Jim's mind was at its free-est, y'know? Pure imagination that reached from the bubbly and happy to the dark and not talked about. Pure genius.
yea that's why he is the person I look up to the most in the world even after him being gone his work lives on forever.:big_grin:

Xerus

Reaction score
I also wondered if Digit was wired to the Muppetelevision studio and couldn't leave it. And I remember in the Cosby Show episode, Digit was connected to a mini TV. So that's probably a reason he's hardly even seen with the other Muppets. He'd have to drag some equipment with him wherever he goes.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I also wondered if Digit was wired to the Muppetelevision studio and couldn't leave it. And I remember in the Cosby Show episode, Digit was connected to a mini TV. So that's probably a reason he's hardly even seen with the other Muppets. He'd have to drag some equipment with him wherever he goes.
...wow. That's an interesting way to think about it. =D