Did You Know...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Did you know that? From Disney.com

Miss Piggy's full name is Miss Piggy Lee

Crazy huh?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was her original intended name, but the name was only mentioned in the Jim Nabors episode (briefly, and I think that mention of that name could easily be missed) and in some publications (I know she was called Miss Piggy in her first appearance, Herb Albert and the Tiajuanna Brass... Was she called Miss Piggy Lee there?) before they dropped the "Lee" part.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I read on the bonus features that they dropped the "Lee" so they wouldn't be making fun of Peggy Lee, whoever that is.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Peggy Lee was an actress, a singer and lyricist of our time: in fact in the 1950's she worked with a songwriter and another lyricist to write the songs for Walt Disney's Lady and the Tramp.
But not only that she also played 3 characters in the movie the 2 cats and a pound dog named Peg.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I thought her full name was Pigastrues or something like that. There was a show on the Muppet Show where Piggy was flirting with the guest star and she said that he could call her by her full name. I think it was the Avery Shirber Episode of season 1 or 2 i can;t recall.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Yeah, it was the Avery Schreiber episode. She said it comes from the Greek and means "river of passion".

Misskermie

Reaction score
I thought her full name was Pigastrues or something like that. There was a show on the Muppet Show where Piggy was flirting with the guest star and she said that he could call her by her full name. I think it was the Avery Shirber Episode of season 1 or 2 i can;t recall.
It was pigathius

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thank you! I love Kermit's facial expression when he says it.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha, yeah. He's all "Pigathius?" And he makes a really unusual scrunchie face! LOL