did John Lovelady change Crazy Harrys voice?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did John Lovelady change the voice that he used for Crazy harry?

In The Muppet Valentine Show, Crazy Harry sounded significantly different than how Jerry Nelson made him sound. However, in the Harvey Korman episode, his sounded like the one that Jerry Nelson used. The only other first season episode that i've seen where crazy harry spoke was the ben vereen episode, which I have only seen once so I don't know how he sounded there.

In the episode guide at Muppet central, the section for the harvey korman episode credited John Lovelady for performing crazy harry, and in the second season episode guide, it says that jerry nelson made crazy harrys voice similar to John Loveladys version.

So, anyway, did he change the voice? :concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
nevermind... maybe

Well, I have now seen every first season epsiode. John Lovelady did use the same voice for crazy harry as he did in the valentine pilot, but in the harvey korman episode, it sounds like he was performed by Jerry Nelson.

Does anybody know why he was performed by Jerry Nelson in that one first season episode?

:crazy:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that Harry was performed by Richard Hunt in the Valentine pilot or was that Sex and Violence? I'm not sure.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I think I read somewhere that Harry was performed by Richard Hunt in the Valentine pilot or was that Sex and Violence? I'm not sure.
It was Sex And Violence. While he mostly just laughed in that special, he did have a line in At The dance, and he sounded like Scooter.

:wink: :crazy: