Did I pass up a great find?

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I was at the Pittsburgh toy show Saturday, and there was a booth with a bunch of Palisades Muppet stuff. They had a Dream Date Gonzo MIB for $50.00. Also had a Super Grover proto for $150.00. I was very tempted to buy the Gonzo, but I didn't. Was that a mistake?:embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... That depends. Some might say yes, others no, depends on his going rate on eBay.
The Dream Date Gonzo was made in an extremely low run, as a "thank-you" gift to the attendees at the 2004 Maryland SBA (Small Business Awards) luncheon, honoring Mike Horn and Palisades Toys.

Would've been a bargain compared to what I spent on him at the time... But I got him, and almost everything else at this point.
Hope this helps.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
If you really wanted him, then yes. If you ended up 150$ poorer, maybe no.

Twitch92

Reaction score
I got mine at a steal for $30 on Ebay some years ago with the plan to turn over a profit, when the price seemed like it would spike. It never did. At this point I love having him in the collection even if he'll never contribute to my retirement :big_grin:

j3h

Reaction score
If you are wishing that you did pull the trigger on that Dream Date Gonzo, you can buy him right now on Amazon for $44.95 plus $5 bucks shipping.

los

Reaction score
Silversnail.com has it for $4.99

j3h

Reaction score
Silversnail.com has it for $4.99
That's the step'n out tux version...which is still a steal at $4.99, so thank you for the heads up.
The Dream Date Gonzo is in a baby blue tux with silver shoes and does not come with a chicken or any accessories.

Dearth

Reaction score
Steppin' Out Gonzo (w. Bernice) is a figure that I always need more of for customs, plus you can never have enough chickens, so I thought that $4.99 price was a great tip. Took me two days of glitches and customer service to actually sign up and put items in my cart... only to find out the shipping from Canada to Alabama is between $20 and $30!

Um, sorry, Silversnail. No sale.

If anyone's placing an order and wants to go in halves or something, let me know, but otherwise I'll make do with the Gonzos/Bernices that I already stockpiled from eBay a few years ago.

Alex

los

Reaction score
I'll make do with the Gonzos/Bernices that I already stockpiled from eBay a few years ago.
Alex
That deterred me from ordering too but posted to help our neighbors to the north.
By the way, could you spare a Bernice??