Dark Moments in the Muppets

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Who was that one skeletal character with the hood used in an early appearance such as the Ed Sullivan show? That's one of the scariest Muppet-related things I've ever seen.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Who was that one skeletal character with the hood used in an early appearance such as the Ed Sullivan show? That's one of the scariest Muppet-related things I've ever seen.
You mean The Nightmare?
I don't know anything about him aside from his name and character design but he reminds me of the typical depiction the personification of Death is given in most movies and cartoons.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There's a plot detail that I don't even remember! Goes to show how little I ever rewatch this movie.
I think this is the part where you explain
In the reality where Kermit had never been born, across from Miss Piggy's New York apartment are the Twin Towers. It's never actually brought up in the movie, but it was definitely an oddly dark choice on the creative team's part.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would chalk that up as delay between production and airing. This movie came out in, what, 2002? It was probably in production for the better part of 2001, prior to the 9-11 attacks. I mean, similarly, there was an episode of COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG that aired in early 2002 that showed Muriel watching a monster movie on TV, where we see twin monsters attacking the twin towers - an obvious sign the episode had been animated and produced prior to the 9-11 attacks.

Snowwie0319

Reaction score
In the reality where Kermit had never been born, across from Miss Piggy's New York apartment are the Twin Towers. It's never actually brought up in the movie, but it was definitely an oddly dark choice on the creative team's part.
OMG I FORGOT THAT... uhhh see thats the part of the muppets i tend to push in the back of my mind