Dancing triangle and square

wlc

Reaction score
does anyone remember an old animated segment on Sesame Street with a dancing triangle and square set to a swell jazz number? I'm trying to find out the name of that song and the musician. It sounded a lot like Coltrane. Response appreciated!
W

prickle747

Reaction score
do you have the skit or the mp3 file ?

coltrane sounds familar.

wlc

Reaction score
Nope...wish I had the mp3....I would be thrilled if I could at least find out the name of the song so I can go buy it. I will always think of the dancing triangle when I hear it.

prickle747 said:
do you have the skit or the mp3 file ?

coltrane sounds familar.

prickle747

Reaction score
there is a song by 'BTO - Looking out for Number One' that sounds like a very familar song that was on sesame street.............

it's the near the end just a thought....

wlc

Reaction score
not BTO

Thanks, but it's not BTO...it sounds similar to Colrane's "Favorite Things", but it's not that particular song. It is, however, a jazz instrumental.
W

prickle747 said:
there is a song by 'BTO - Looking out for Number One' that sounds like a very familar song that was on sesame street.............

it's the near the end just a thought....

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
wlc said:
Thanks, but it's not BTO...it sounds similar to Colrane's "Favorite Things", but it's not that particular song. It is, however, a jazz instrumental.
W

I know which skit you're talking about. The triangle and square dancing on a yellow background. It's meant to teach shapes and friendship.

I just saw it on one of the old SESAME STREET's from 1969

- I think it's on "Oscar's Birthday Cake"

Although I don't know the music source material, I can vouch for you that the jazz riff on that skit is a funky one.

wlc

Reaction score
"Oscar's Birthday Cake" et al

Wow....thanks! Where can I find old episodes, i.e. Oscar's Birthday Cake?
W
jeffkjoe said:
I know which skit you're talking about. The triangle and square dancing on a yellow background. It's meant to teach shapes and friendship.

I just saw it on one of the old SESAME STREET's from 1969

- I think it's on "Oscar's Birthday Cake"

Although I don't know the music source material, I can vouch for you that the jazz riff on that skit is a funky one.

salemfan

Reaction score
Are you thinking, "It's Hip to Be A Square?"

I know a cartoon clip on Sesame Street with a talking square that sings, "It's Hip to Be A Square" which is a version of a Huey Lewis song. There are other talking shapes such as a circle, a triangle, and a rectangle. The characters in this clip reminded me of those, "Mr Men" created by the British children's author Roger Hargreaves.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
wlc said:
W
I have "Oscar's Birthday Cake", it's not on that one. I also have Hip To Be A Square, if anyone is interested, on "Sesame Songs Rock and Roll" (VCD)

later
eric

Zet

Reaction score
wlc said:
W
Hi...it's on an episode of Sesame Unpaved from 1969, so I'm sure someone can hook you up. The triangle film is about 11 minutes into the start of the show. I think the letter for this ep. is H and the number is 10.
This ep. also has the scary primitive Cookie Monster :wink:
-Zet