Could Between the Lions ever come back?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I kinda had that feeling if I’m being honest, but fair enough regardless.

crackmaster

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here...I did not like Between the Lions as a little kid. In fact, I used to be afraid to watch PBS Kids because I was afraid Between the Lions would come on at any random moment. And the reason for that may seem pretty dumb to you, but please don't make fun of me because it's really not that funny:

It seemed that every episode I was unfortunate enough to stumble upon while channel-surfing had opera in it, whether it was the operatic monkeys in the Monkey Pop-Up Theater or Denyce Graves' spooky vocalizations. (And yes, I know that Sesame Street sometimes featured opera too, but that's beside the point. Besides, thanks to Muppet Wiki I now know which Sesame Street episodes I'll want to avoid. Between the Lions Wiki, on the other hand, is very underdeveloped, which means that the only way to find out, unfortunately, is through videos--and I'm not taking any chances.)

I was just a little kid. I didn't know how to check the TV schedule on the PBS Kids website, so I didn't know what time the show came on, so I was afraid it would come on at any random moment. I eventually overcame this fear, partly thanks to WordGirl (my favorite PBS Kids show of all time) but mostly when Between the Lions was taken off air. So if the show were to be rebooted, I'd be madder than I was when WordGirl stopped airing on our local PBS station (thank heavens for the PBS Kids Video app!)

That said, I liked the "We are Family" video despite the presence of the Between the Lions characters (and Barney), because it also featured a whole bunch of characters I liked. Plus, obviously there was no opera in it.

But if you liked Between the Lions--and if you still do--I respect your opinion.
I respect how you feel about opera (I'm Konnichiku from the BLoSC Wiki, and I think this is why Rick Riordan made opera a punishment in the underworld.) I felt the same about certain sounds as a kid, and I still froggin' hate them!

Last edited:

buzzfan120

Reaction score
Yes, I remember that part of the Percy Jackson books. And yes, I'm the same Buzzfan120 from Fandom and CLG Wiki/AVID!