Complete Muppet Show DVD Box Set

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hiya.I'm just curious if anyone has heard if all of TMS episodes will eventually be put into one big box set?I haven't see anything,but sounds like a great idea.I'd like to hear your views.Thanks for looking. :cool: :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That decision is now up to Disney. All we can go by right now is Disney's track record concerning such releases.

Columbia is discounting all TMS DVD's in retail and Time-Life will soon be removing TMS DVD's and VHS from it's catalog when all the current stock is cleared out. So it's possible that if Disney doesn't release season sets that the Time-Life/Columbia versions will only increase in value.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
So it's possible that if Disney doesn't release season sets that the Time-Life/Columbia versions will only increase in value.
I'm kind of out of the loop - does the sale to Disney mean that only they can release new DVDs/videos and older Columbia TriStar ones will go out of circulation?

I assume that Columbia TriStar won't be releasing 20 volumes on DVD in the States like they originally stated? I'm glad I got the Time Life ones now - for a while I thought I'd made the wrong decision but it looks as if the 15 Time Life ones were now a good choice!

Does the Disney thing affect the UK DVDs too? - I was dissapointed with the UK Very Best Of Vol. 3 but the first two were great discs, the HMV box set was brilliant, we got a great Muppet Family Christmas disc and although I haven't checked it out yet the Fraggle Rock DVD looks great (I'm actually gonna sit down and watch that tonight!).

Whatever

Reaction score
I think you are correct, but I'm not sure. It wouls affect the UK ones too, and I don't think Columbia can produce them any more.

Luke

Reaction score
The current Columbia Tristar deal finishes worldwide at the end of June i think. After that all of their stuff will be deleted. Perhaps there might be the opportunity to pick up some discounted items in the sales.