Companies Disney Should Purchase in the Coming Years and Decades

Steve Arino

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My apologies for not having written in forever, but I've been incredibly busy this Summer, what with life stuff getting in the way.

That being said, for my first post in a long time, here's MY Opinion (in honor of Disney's recent 20th Century Fox purchase in 2017, finalized this March) of the Top 10 Companies Disney SHOULD Purchase in 2020 and Beyond. (FYI: In advance, I'm not saying any of this will happen. This is ONLY an Opinion Piece).

1. The Jim Henson Company -- A NO-Brainer, considering 2 things: #1. Disney already purchased the Muppet characters from the Henson Company 15 years ago, and #2. Disney already owned, in the early '90s, The Jim Henson Company (then Jim Henson Productions), including, but not limited to, not just Muppet titles, but "Fraggle Rock," "The Dark Crystal" and "Labyrinth" among others.

2. Alien Productions -- The Independent Production Company behind the hit '80s sitcom "ALF," Created by Paul Fusco. Lionsgate Home Entertainment, many years ago, issued the entire 4 seasons of "ALF," but SADLY in heavily edited Syndication Prints; IF Paul Fusco were to sell "ALF" to The Walt Disney Company, then PERHAPS Disney could release the original 100% UNCUT original NBC network Prints of "ALF," as well as NBC network prints of both cartoon spin-offs "ALF: The Animated Series" and "ALF Tales."

3. Nintendo of America, Inc. -- If there's ANY Video Game company Disney could buy, Nintendo of America, Inc. in my Opinion would be the best bet. Cause then, Disney would own the Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, and many other Nintendo of America video game properties originally created by Japanese inventor Shigeru Miyumoto. FYI: Before entering the Video Game market, Nintendo was originally a Card Game company, as in the kind played in Poker.

4. Nickelodeon -- Highly unlikely, but IF Disney were to purchase Nickelodeon from Viacom, then Disney would own a number of great Nickelodeon programs past and present, including classic Nickelodeon programs like "Double Dare" and "Ren & Stimpy" to current Nickelodeon shows like "The Thundermans." At least if Disney owned Nickelodeon, it'd be BYE BYE Split Screen credits, BYE BYE Edited Programs (Original and Syndicated Prints), and most importantly, BYE BYE Credit Crunching. Who knows? MAYBE Nick at Nite, under Disney ownership, could POSSIBLY air unedited Programming past and present.

5. Paramount Pictures Corporation -- Another unlikely Disney acquisition. BUT if Viacom were to sell Paramount Pictures Corporation to Disney (including Classic Paramount Television programs past and present), Disney would own the rights to a number of Paramount films and TV shows, including "Happy Days," "I Love Lucy," "Family Ties" and "Taxi" to name but a few examples (not included as part of Disney's Paramount acquisition would be CBS Television Distribution, with CBS's classic Paramount library of shows transferring distribution rights from CBS to Disney-ABC Domestic Television Distribution).

6. The Carsey-Werner Company -- Though not likely, IF Disney were to purchase The Carsey-Werner Company, Disney would be owners of classic and current Carsey-Werner shows such as "Grounded for Life," "Roseanne" and "The Cosby Show" to name but a few examples.

7. Hank Ketcham Enterprises -- Considering Hank Ketcham, the creator of "Dennis The Menace," began his professional career as an animator for The Walt Disney Company, it'd be a perfect fit for Disney to purchase the rights to "Dennis The Menace" as well as Hank's other comic book creation, the short-lived "Half Hitch" (originating in the Saturday Evening Post before being briefly revived in the early 1970s) under the new subsidiary Hank Ketcham Enterprises.

Any thoughts on this? Agreements? Disagreements? Please respond here.

Steve

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Amblin Entertainment would be a good one to buy, if Steven Spielberg were to sell.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm just gonna stick this here because i dunno where else to put it

Apparently a disney investor thinks disney should buy activision. Disney isn't actually considering it to my knowledge but...mnnnnn still doesnt look good for activision

I have mixed feelings about this, if disney decided to go through with it. on one hand, activision is an awful company to begin with and somehow i dont think disney would make it worse, but disney's awful track record with video games makes me think they'd probably just shut activision down and hoard all their IPs