Cluk-itis!

Saironi

Reaction score
I remember as soon as a few penguins came offstage after "Alabama Bound" one of them sneezed and became a chicken. I forget just who explained why a simple sneeze had such an effect, but I remember I was shocked, and a bit unnerved, whenever a regular character became a hen after an explosion.

Just one thing bothers me; only Gonzo seemed immune to the illness. Is it possible creatures like Gonzo are immune to Cluk-itis? His obsession with chickens didn't seem to keep him from commenting Kermit after he transformed.

How did the cast look as chickens, by the way? I vaugely recall the "Swedish Chicken" retained his eyebrows, but that's it...

David French

Reaction score
From memory it was mainly their eyes and eyebrows that stayed the same. Scooter kept his glasses and didn't Kermit keep his collar?

Saironi

Reaction score
It often botherd me that it was always the white poultry that were called chickens. It gave me a complex because it struck me that roosters were a different bird.

I guess what I'm asking is why didn't the male characters turn into roosters and female characters turn into hens?

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Maybe Jim thought hens were funnier than roosters.

And maybe aliens are immune to Earth diseases.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
David French said:
From memory it was mainly their eyes and eyebrows that stayed the same. Scooter kept his glasses and didn't Kermit keep his collar?
I remember Janice's eyes stayed the same.

It's also possible Gonzo had cluckitus before as I seem to remember the guest saying you can only get it once then you're immune.