Closing titles on Linda Carter TMS

anathema

Reaction score
I was watching this one last night, and as it's a current copy, the final shot of the titles (Zoot blowing the last note on his sax) was replaced by the current Henson logo. However, the soundtrack contains a sudden burst of laughter from the audience at this point...

I'm speculating that maybe Zoot was dressed up as a superhero here...? Does anybody know (or even better, does anyone have a copy of this :-D)?

Also, were there any other shows where the closing titles altered significantly? I know about the Kaye Ballard, Loretta Lynn and Harry Belafonte shows - were there any others?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
anathema said:
Also, were there any other shows where the closing titles altered significantly? I know about the Kaye Ballard, Loretta Lynn and Harry Belafonte shows - were there any others?
Dudley Moore & Leo Sayer (I think - it does contain a sudden burst of laughter from the audience at the end)

Hope it helps

Whatever

Reaction score
Julie Andrews closing shows Gonzo asking the cow if she wants to get a steak after the normal closing music.

anathema

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Julie Andrews closing shows Gonzo asking the cow if she wants to get a steak after the normal closing music.
Yeah. That replaces the normal Statler & Waldorf comments...but: on the soundtrack *after* this shot, instead of Zoot's saxophone blast there is a loud mooing. Same shot of Zoot, though :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, they always replace Zoot's last note with the Henson logo on the third episode on each tape. Also, I read once that there are a lot of different variations of Zoot's last note. But on most of the Timelife videos, it always ends with Zoot blowing the sax and shaking. That's sort of why it makes me mad that they say the Timelife vidoes are uncut.

anathema

Reaction score
Ok, as follows: the same shot (blue Zoot, no hat) was used in Seasons 1 and 2. The shot changed for Seasons 3-5; Zoot now wears his hat. In both cases, Zoot just plays the note on his sax, and the ATV/ITC logos were superimposed over the picture.

The shot where Zoot shakes the instrument after playing the note was done much later as far as I can see - Zoot is green, and I don't recall that particular puppet appearing on TMS. Originally, Zoot was blowing a Henson logo (the exact logo varies - I've seen the "ha!" one, I've also got a copy of different one somewhere, can't remember which) out of the sax, hence the puzzled look and the shaking. This is the one (minus all logos) that appears on the Time-Life tapes; I suspect it was done in the mid-80s when Henson obtained the rights to the show from ATV, since I remember seeing it on the BBC repeats around that time.

Early 90s onwards, the shows usually feature a shot of Zoot from 'Sax & Violence', with a line of copyright text at the bottom of the screen. While many current tapes (including the UK home video releases) now carry the current JHP logo screen which completely replaces the Zoot shot, this one is still in use: the French DVDs have it, as do the current airings in Ireland.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
anathema said:
The shot where Zoot shakes the instrument after playing the note was done much later as far as I can see - Zoot is green, and I don't recall that particular puppet appearing on TMS. Originally, Zoot was blowing a Henson logo (the exact logo varies - I've seen the "ha!" one, I've also got a copy of different one somewhere, can't remember which) out of the sax, hence the puzzled look and the shaking.
I think you mean the "hit!" (Henson Int'l Television) logo, and the one where the bubble is grey, and it engulfs the screen with the late-80s animated JHP logo (with variations on Kermit's arm).

anathema

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
I think you mean the "hit!" (Henson Int'l Television) logo, and the one where the bubble is grey, and it engulfs the screen with the late-80s animated JHP logo (with variations on Kermit's arm).
That's the one I've got. But I have definitely seen the "ha!" logo as well - in fact, I taped at least one show off Nick about ten years ago (which I didn't keep - grrr) which had it.

My guess at this point is that "ha!" was used on the UK tapes, and "hit!" on the non-UK tapes, in much the same was that the UK tapes originally carried just the ATV logo, whereas the non-UK ones had both ITC and ATV logos.