Cast member souvenirs

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I recently found out that when Fran Brill retired, they gave her a Prairie puppet as a gift. I feel like, even though Zoe became such a hit in the 90s and beyond, Brill had an extra special relationship and love for Prairie.

my question is, have you heard any other stories about cast members getting to retire with a souvenir or gift from the show?
Many television actors tell stories about things they’ve taken from sets after shows finish.
I’ve noticed that when there is a change in Muppet performers, the character gets rebuilt/designed. I wonder if, in some cases, the original performer gets to take home the original or one of the original puppets as a keepsake.

I’m sure Carrol and Deb Spinney have collected many treasures from their time at Sesame.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I recently found out that when Fran Brill retired, they gave her a Prairie puppet as a gift. I feel like, even though Zoe became such a hit in the 90s and beyond, Brill had an extra special relationship and love for Prairie.

my question is, have you heard any other stories about cast members getting to retire with a souvenir or gift from the show?
Many television actors tell stories about things they’ve taken from sets after shows finish.
I’ve noticed that when there is a change in Muppet performers, the character gets rebuilt/designed. I wonder if, in some cases, the original performer gets to take home the original or one of the original puppets as a keepsake.

I’m sure Carrol and Deb Spinney have collected many treasures from their time at Sesame.
I know that Marty kept the original telly puppet they were using until the early 2000s. I heard somewhere that Kevin got to keep one of the Elmo puppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, when did Marty retire?

Caroll had that cake that was made to look like an AM version of him that looked amazing.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Wait, when did Marty retire?

Caroll had that cake that was made to look like an AM version of him that looked amazing.
I should’ve worded that differently, they just gave him the Telly puppet they been using until they decide to rebuild him finally. He’s not retired yet

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I know that Marty kept the original telly puppet they were using until the early 2000s. I heard somewhere that Kevin got to keep one of the Elmo puppets.
I’m so glad Kevin got to have that. I mean, he’s the one that made Elmo the superstar. He did so much for that company.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I should’ve worded that differently, they just gave him the Telly puppet they been using until they decide to rebuild him finally. He’s not retired yet
Not yet, no, but he is now the longest running cast member on the show if I’m not mistaken.