Casey Kasem

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I remember discovering on Muppet Wiki a while ago that the "B for bandit, biscuits, bottles of wine, etc." sketch, which was narrated by Casey Kasem, was last shown on Sesame Street on Episode 2230 from 1986. Observing recaps from 1987 and beyond, I do not recall there being any segments involving Casey Kasem in 1987 or afterwards.

Around the same time period the aforementioned letter B segment was last shown, along with Episode 2255 which had the "Q for Quarter" segment, NBC had stopped using Saturday morning bumpers in which Casey was involved. Could the reaosn for SS dropping Casey voiced segments be the same reason that NBC Saturday morning bumpers in which Casey was involved. was dropped?

Also, let us not forget that Casey was dropped from his hosting gig on American Top 40 in 1988, and failed contract negotiations were the reason for this too.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Observing recaps from 1987 and beyond, I do not recall there being any segments involving Casey Kasem in 1987 or afterwards.
Nope. The "Fly and Frog" cartoon was shown as late as 1998.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Not to mention that the "Q for Quarter" skit was shown as late as 1997.

crackmaster

Reaction score
I just wish the segments in which Gary Owens was heard were continued to be used into the '90s... (stifles laugh from remembering "Warren")

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember discovering on Muppet Wiki a while ago that the "B for bandit, biscuits, bottles of wine, etc." sketch, which was narrated by Casey Kasem, was last shown on Sesame Street on Episode 2230 from 1986. Observing recaps from 1987 and beyond, I do not recall there being any segments involving Casey Kasem in 1987 or afterwards.

Around the same time period the aforementioned letter B segment was last shown, along with Episode 2255 which had the "Q for Quarter" segment, NBC had stopped using Saturday morning bumpers in which Casey was involved. Could the reaosn for SS dropping Casey voiced segments be the same reason that NBC Saturday morning bumpers in which Casey was involved. was dropped?

Also, let us not forget that Casey was dropped from his hosting gig on American Top 40 in 1988, and failed contract negotiations were the reason for this too.
While it seems to me that Casey always did seem to have a 'difficult to work with' type of personality. After all, he was the one who insisted that Shaggy become a vegetarian for him to continue voicing him. Makes me wonder if they're were similar situations on "Sesame Street," that got CTW so unhappy with him that they stopped playing segments using his voice. Just a thought.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I just wish the segments in which Gary Owens was heard were continued to be used into the '90s... (stifles laugh from remembering "Warren")
I could have sworn "Y for yawn" involved Gary Owens' narration? Plus, that segment was seen as late as 2000.