Canadian segments exported to U.S. "Sesame Street"

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I have been going through the Muppet Wiki pretty recently, and I discovered that, in Season 13, there was a surge of cartoon and film segments that were originally from "Canadian Sesame Street", though some of the segments had a new soundtrack and voiceover (possibly due to the Canadian version being dubbed in French. What, I ask, was the reason for the abrupt surge in Canadian-produced segments carried over to the U.S. version? Was it due to budget issues or the U.S. writers running low on ideas for new U.S. segments? I may be tempted to say that, if budget issues was to blame, they would become a key issue in an animators' strike later in 1982.

There were a few other Canadian-produced segments that were first seen in the U.S. in Season 14, including the film about a blind boy, and a few "beads forming animals" animation segments, and even one or two segments about counting to six (the ones where the numbers split open to reveal images of items). However, there weren't as many Canadian produced segments exported to the U.S. "Sesame Street" during Season 14 as opposed to Season 13.

Last edited: