Can someone please identify this character?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
On the start of the Cabin Fever number, there was a furry red pirate saying "I've got cabin fever it's burning in my brain." Who is that character?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Is this from the Glenda Jackson pirate-themed episode? I cannot remember this number at all. But almost all the pirates in that episode were just what-nots in any case.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's from Muppet Treasure Island -- And I'm pretty sure it was just a random Muppet. Is it the one with the steam coming from its ears?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
No it was a furry red monster with yellow lips and steam coming out of his ears. He was performed by Jerry Nelson in that scene

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought so...but I couldn't quite remember. He always reminded me of an ear of corn.

I'm afraid I'm stumped on finding him on the Wiki. I'll hand this one over to The Count or Minor Muppets. They are the character geniuses on this board!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It may be that he was made for Muppet Treasure Island, and he doesn't have a name. There's alot of Muppets out there that... well, just don't have names.

dwmckim

Reaction score
It may be that he was made for Muppet Treasure Island, and he doesn't have a name. There's alot of Muppets out there that... well, just don't have names.
Exactly - and this Muppet is one of them - or at least if it had any kind of name on set or behind the scenes, it's never been revealed (it's not in the script)

Since the puppet's design is focused on such a huge pair of lips, i always figured it was a little bit of a tribute or nod to the iconic lips that start off Tim Curry's "Rocky Horror Picture Show"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Interesting. Are we dubbing him the Red Rocky Horror Muppet?