Brain Henson's Show Intros...

Beauregard

Reaction score
...which are utterly useless, not very funny, and give away the endings of shows or tell you something that dosn't happen...

What I am wondering, is, why are they there?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
They're often wrong or misleading too, and some are repeated, making me wonder if there was some static or something between the Muppets and a previous guest star.
Example; on the Dudley Moore episode Brian explains how the Muppet Show is filmed, when most of the other episodes gives a little history on how the Muppets and the guest star came to work together. So was there nothing special between Dudley and the Muppets? Or was there some problems the JHC rather not talk about?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The special introductions were recorded in 1999 and have been seen on Odyssey, the Time-Life DVD/video releases. They are a minute each. Some talk about the specific episode they proceed and others like this one, are "generic" non-episode specific bits of information that are recycled for other episodes. Brian did not record 110 intros, on for every episode, so many are reused.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Does that mean they'll for-go these intros in the season box sets? Assuming we get them that is.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Does that mean they'll for-go these intros in the season box sets? Assuming we get them that is.
With the amazing amount of other elements supposedly included (ie. the original British airings with the extra scenes, hopefully originally-aired episode openers/themes, etc.), I think its safe to assume they aren't going to be included.

Not only that, I'm not sure if Disney even owns the rights to the features...I doubt they purchased them in the Henson buy, and being they were recorded for Lifetime (which I don't think Disney owns...right?), they might not have the ability, unless they were to seek them out for the releases. I highly doubt they'd do that, as there is already so much going into these box sets if the article posted about them is correct.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
From what I could gather; Brian Henson's introductions will not be placed before each episode on the season box sets that Disney is producing.

Animal

Reaction score
Thank god...! I don´t really like those intros. :smile:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I never liked those intros either. There were a few interesting tidbits of information about how the show was filmed, but for the most part it ruined the best parts of the show.