Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Help Haunted

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got to see the anticipated BJ sequel last night on Frightday the 13.

The reason why I'm posting here is because since the BJ fandom Wiki hasn't posted a complete list of the Afterlife/Ghost/Monster characters yet and because all I get is a list of names at the IMDb page, I need help in sorting out the cast in order of appearance.

What I Know Now (if you get that as a reference, then a bag of spooky ramchips is in your future).
1 French graffitti/body artist, fell through the sewer grate straight to his death. Don't know his name.
2 Danny DeVito's "Janitor" who replaces the Janitor from the original film.
3 Delores LaVerge, Betelgeuse's ex-wife.
4 Bob-Shrinker, main member of the head shrunken crowd.
5 Janet, Wolf Jackson's Secretary (who replaces Miss Argentina).
6 Dead Cat Lady, as denoted at the IMDb page. She has I'm not sure how many cats (if more than one) with her.
7 Hot Dog Eater.
My brother who went with me to see the movie said this character is like a Neitherworld version of champion hot dog eater Joey "The Jaws" Chestnut. But the IMDb page lists it as "Hot Dog Lady on a Stick".
So which is it, male or female? Or are they two different characters?
8 The Shrinkers, though there were an unknown amount, I'm sticking with the ones mentioned at the BJ Wiki.
a. Jeff.
b. Dave.
c. Brad.
d. Tom.
9 Wolf Jackson, who had quite a prominent role in the film (apparently replacing Juno in terms of Neitherworld authoritative hierarchy).
10 There was a scene kind of like a shopping store with a pair of characters, that leads to Betelgeuse drinking something, letting out a loud burp, then telling us about how he and Delores got married.
Who are these characters? Are they Neitherworld or real-world characters?
11 There's a crime scene investigation sequence after Delores stole her new wedding dress where Wolf's talking to a male character. This English-accented guy is clearly a Neitherworlder, but what's his name or how is he known in the cast listings?
12 During the waiting room sequence where Jeremy and Astrid first enter the afterlife, there's a character who talks with an underwater burbling effect though his speech is clearly distinct. Is this the "Surfer Dude" as listed at the IMDb page? If not, then what's this character's name?
13 Further on, Jeremy and Astrid are at the train station and a female character is behind a booth talking about the train schedules and passport checks. Is this the character listed as "Mummy Immigration Officer" at the IMDb page? If not, what's her name?
13 Soul Train Conductor.
14 Richard, Astrid's father.

Characters listed at the IMDb page I don't know if they're Neitherworlders or real-worlders.
1 Le Tigre.
2 Clive, not sure why there's an actor listed portraying said character and a second actor listed as providing said character's voice.
3 Olga.
4 Glen.
5 Eddy.
6 Josh.
7 Ethan.
8 Musicians at BJ and Lydia's wedding.
8 Cellist.
9 Organist.
10 Violinist.

Then there's the character listed as "Dead Suave Gentleman", at what point in the movie did he appear?
And of corpse, any and all other characters seen during the waiting room sequences I may have missed.

Post here with your replies, thanks in advance. :batty: :scary: :search:

groverandgrapes

Reaction score
I watched it with my siblings on Thursday. It was really good, and I was really happy Jenna Ortega got a role in it. It kinda felt more of a reboot with Astrid being Lydia and Jeremy being Beetlejuice. But overall, I liked it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, this sequel does feel like a version for a new generation. Though as soon as we the audience found that Jeremy had a copy of the Handbook for the Recently Deceased and said he hadn't left his home when he and Astrid first met my suspicions were immediately on alert. That, and I'd already read the plot explanation ae movie's Wiki page.

Best thing is this'll probably be available in time for this year's Christmas season. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news: Got an update thanks to the BJ fandom Wiki and the Tim Burton Wiki's listing of the movie's cast.

First of all, "Clive" was a mistaken credit since that was supposed to be Charles Deitz, so now I understand why one actor portraying and a second voice actor.

Second, the updated list of Neitherworldian characters reads thus.
1 French graffiti artist, is this the character listed as Ethan portrayed by Noah Mendes?
2 Delores LaVerge portrayed by Monica Bellucci.
3 Janet, Wolf Jackson's Secretary, portrayed by Georgina Beedle.
4 The Shrinkers.
a. Bob, portrayed by Nick Kellington.
b. Al.
c. Jeff.
d. Chuck.
e. Dave, portrayed by Matthew Lyons.
f. Brad.
g. Tom, portrayed by Paul Warren.
5 Spaceman, finally justifies the character being added, is this the character portrayed by Callen Taverner.
6 Dead Hot Dog Contestant Winner, dead version of Joey "The Jaws" Chestnut.
7 Dead Cat Lady, portrayed by Caroline Lawrie.
8 Wolf Jackson, portrayed by Willem Dafoe.
9 Dead Suave Gentleman, portrayed by Gianni Calchetti.
Not sure when this character appears, maybe the laundromat scene where Delores's theft of the wedding dress is being investigated?
10 Undead Surfer Dude, portrayed by Max Pemberton.
Is this the character in the Afterlife Call Center/waiting room who speaks with a gurgly underwater drowned voice?
11 Le Tigre, portrayed by Sami Slimane.
Is this the character that could be labelled as an "undead escape artist"?
12 Dead Santa, which would also justify adding the character, did he actually appear?
13 Anaconda Man, suppose he'd have a snake wrapped around his body, did this character actually appear?
14 Mummy Immigration Officer, portrayed by Juliana Yazbek.
Is this the character that appeared at one of the train station booths, talking about the Soul Train schedule and passport stamps with Jeremy and Astrid?
15 Soul Train Conductor, portrayed by Stephen K. Amos.
16 Richard, Astrid's Dad, portrayed by Santiago Cabrera.
17 Almost 30 miscellaneous Soul Train Dancers, they're listed at the Tim Burton Wiki's page for the movie cast.

Characters I'm still not sure of as Neitherworlders or real-worlders.
1 Olga, portrayed by Liv Spencer.
2 Glen-Director, portrayed by Walles Hamonde.
3 Eddy, portrayed by Daryl Kwan.
4 Josh, portrayed by Sean Verre.
5 Detective, portrayed by James Fisher.
6 Cellist, portrayed by Elsie Bridgwood.
7 Organist, portrayed by Oliver Dracup-Nicholls.
8 Violinist, portrayed by Brian Maitland.

If there's any other character missing, please add it in order of appearance from the film. Thanks and hope to get some answers soon.