Autograph Question about Frank Oz and Steve Whitmire

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this new fourm, but have posted before on the old delphi fourm a few times. I know that when ever a Muppet fan has a question and needs some help from fellow fans this is the best place to go and ask. So...................

I recently purchased a poster of Bert and Ernie that I would like to get personally autographed and give it to my son for his birthday. I have a few questions to ask of you fellow Muppet fans and I hope that someone can help me out.

1) Do the Muppeteer's sign posters or is it just limited to photos that you send through the mail ?

2) What would be the best address to send it to that will get me a response ?

3) Is there a chance I might not get the poster back or get it back unsigned ?

4) Should I mail the poster to Mr. Oz first, then Mr. Whitmire or just address it in general to the Henson company and ask for their signatures ?

4) Has anyone had luck sending autograph requests or posters to the Muppeteer's ?

5) Me, I am a huge Gonzo fan. Is Mr. Goelz a good signer through the mail ? What is the best address to write him? Also, should I send a photo to him or will he have one to provide ?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated

Thank You and God Bless

Michael

P.S. --- Feel free to e-mail me at MuppetFan123@cs.com if you have any info that can help me.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Michael

Unfortunately Oz isn't the best signer nowdays - he sends out mostly pre-prints. Sending in a poster could end up getting personally signed, or could get lost/refused all the same. You don't contact Oz via Henson anymore, he has a PO Box or something i think. Try www.stararchive.com for it and that should also tell you whether he is signing personally right now.

All the resident Henson Company people :- Whitmire, Goelz, Baretta etc are from what i've heard great signers and do sign personally rather than giving out pre-printed signatures so you should have no problems there. As for whether they will sign posters you should email fanmail@henson.com and ask them. I think the Muppeteers have photos to send out and you just send a stamped, addressed envelope that they can reply in.

Hope that helps

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Thanks Luke for the response and the help

I just checked Star Archive and see that Frank Oz is signing items. Would the best thing to do be to send a post card or letter to Frank fist and ask him and then send the poster or wait for a reply first and send the poster after the reply ?

Michael

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Ya, the Muppeteers usually have a big supply of photo's. When I went to Dave Goelz's house, I asked him for an autographed pic of Gonzo, so he got this little cardboard thing out that was loaded full of pics!! I would definitly try writing to the Henson Company. They have always writen back to me. Frank Oz signed a pic of Yoda for me, so I guess he still gives away his autograph. I could dig out Frank's address that I found for you if you'd like.

Sir Didymus

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

Yep, right now seems an excellent time to catch him as he is personally signing. I'd go for either of the top two addresses. It looks like the Henson Company are forwarding on mail to him so i would probably ask them for advice about how to send a poster to him, but he does seem to sign them. Not sure about whether to write ahead - he seems reliable enough not to.

When Oz is busy he sends out a pre-printed pic of him in a leather jacket - thats when ya know he has work ! ;-)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
As basically everyone has said before, Dave is really good at signing and things. I've sent 2 letters to him (one was a goofy fan letter, and the other wasn't). He replied to both (and answered the stupid questions I asked)...