Autograph authentication please

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Hi all :smile:
Just after a little bit of advice from those of you that know your muppet autographs. Ive been on the hunt for a while now for a Jerry Nelson to add to my collection and i came across this for sale. In your expert opinions does this peice look authentic?

The Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Kevin Clash, Brian Henson sigs look close to what i already have to compare them. But im curious about the Jerry Nelson one..
Also, whos is the one on the right next to Dr Teeth?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm a little puzzled by the inclusion of Karen Prell. I believe that at that time she was working for Pixar, and the only character she performed that was eligible for a figure was Yolanda the Rat (in MTM).

limey

Reaction score
I have quite a number of Henson/muppet related autographs and they all look good to me. The signature next to Dr Teeth is Josh Cohen.
http://www.puppetrymasterclass.com/instructor-josh-cohen.html
I am making an educated guess, but I believe this was signed at Muppetfest - josh was appearing as Bear at the fest and (although he did not appear in The Muppet Show), I have seen other items signed at the fest with his signature on them. I know the ad says Spring 2002, but it is obviously a pre- advertisement for the figures with Muppetfest in Dec 2001. For the right price, it would be a very good buy in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I have quite a number of Henson/muppet related autographs and they look good to me. The signature next to Dr Teeth is Josh Cohen.
http://www.puppetrymasterclass.com/instructor-josh-cohen.html
I am making an educated guess, but I believe this was signed at Muppetfest (josh was appearing as Bear at the fest - I know it says Spring 2002, but it is obviously a pre- advertisement for the figures with Muppetfest in Dec 2001). For the right price, it would be a very good buy in my opinion. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the replies.

The seller is asking for £200 (which is nearly $350)

limey

Reaction score
That is a quite a bit of cash but I suppose there are a number of signatures on there.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
It is, but you have helped a lot especially with where/when it was likely to have been signed. It looks like they were obtained together so thet was going to be my next question :smile: