April Fools: Sesame Street's Most Controversial Moments coming to DVD in August

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
While that may be the case, I’m wondering if future releases for episodes containing segments with him will be edited. I guess only time will tell....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I considered listing as a bonus feature was uncensored outtakes. Among them, in possibly "too far territory", I would have mentioned video footage of a stage light crashing on the set and a spark setting Big Bird's leg on fire (an often-told story, until planning this I never thought about whether they were taping when that happened), and another anecdote (which I think has a better chance of being caught on tape) when an explosion occurred in Oscar's trash can (as the story goes, Oscar was cooking and they wanted black smoke to come out of his can, since the smoke machines could only produce white smoke they put black rubber in the machine, Caroll Spinney noticed it shaking and got out, and was told he was blowing the take right before the machine blew up inside the can, right where Caroll's face would have been).

When it comes to recurring things I listed like Alistair Cookie's pipe, Don Music banging his head, and The Baker falling down the stairs, I wonder if it would have been better to have had full segments (which I would prefer) or montages of some of those moments. Of course while those were pulled from the show, many have since been released on video or online (when it comes to Alistair Cookie's pipe, the only one that hasn't been officially released by Sesame Workshop is The Sound of Music, but that's probably more due to music rights), and I don't think any particular instance would be considered worse than others. I could see the original "ten indians" version of "Baker #10" included, and I think any full Don Music segment would suffice (as he often bangs his head quite a bit throughout his segments).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
You should have also added the Roosevelt Franklin, Don Music and Buddy and Jim sketches