April Fools: Season 53 to focus on an "old friends" curriculum

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's been announced that for season 53, there'll be a curriculum of reuniting with old friends and families, with discussion on how sometimes friends drift apart and can't be around as much as before.

As part of this curriculum, the season will include return guest appearances by Gordon, Susan, and Gina. Each episodes street story will also feature an appearance by at least one Muppet character who was prominent in the 1970s, 1980s, and/or 1990s but hasn't been seen much since (though that can include characters who have made background appearances or been recast in the last few years). Normally these will just be a cameo or background appearance, but a handful will be involved in street stories, including an episode where Elmo and Abby help Forgetful Jones remember his friends.

But then there's the ultimate return. With special arrangement from Disney, Kermit the Frog will make some return appearances this season, including street stories and insert segments. There will be a handful of new Sesame Street News segments, he will get a new song, and he will be involved in a new street story.

This will also extend to an upcoming Sesame Street Live show, Elmo's News Factory, in which Elmo wants to start his own newspaper. Kermit will make his Sesame Street Live debut, along with a number of characters who have never appeared in Sesame Street Live - Biff, Sully, Mr. Johnson, and Sherlock Hemlock, plus the long-awaited Sesame Street Live return of Herry Monster, Guy Smiley, and Forgetful Jones. And that's in addition to Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Big Bird, Elijah, Cookie Monster, Grover, and others.

APRIL FOOLS!

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I was actually planning on making a fake Season 53 press kit for April Fools Day this year, but I decided against it (I mostly wanted to focus on having as many Masked Singer contestants be guest stars as possible).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had considered a similar post where I said that, after there’s been so many recurring segments with animated versions of the SST Muppets as well as a couple of fully animated specials, the show would be completely reformatted as a 100% animated series.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I had considered a similar post where I said that, after there’s been so many recurring segments with animated versions of the SST Muppets as well as a couple of fully animated specials, the show would be completely reformatted as a 100% animated series.
I don't know. That kinda sounds like an April Fool's joke I did in the past.