April Fools: "Muppets Summer" coming to Freeform

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today, I was thinking about how ABC Family changed its name to Freeform, and wondered how they got away with dropping "family" from the title (as many places say that the channel legally has to have that word in the title regardless of who owns it), so I decided to try to look it up, and I found an announcement that's a lot better than knowing what they did to drop the "family".

Anyway, throughout the summer, Freeform will be airing many Muppet productions as part of "Muppets Summer". Two-hour marathons of The Muppet Show will air every afternoon, with reruns of The Muppets airing on Fridays. Reruns of The Jim Henson Show and Muppets Tonight will also air in this programming block, though how often has not been decided on. A one-hour block of Muppet Babies will air each morning. A different Muppet movie will air on the channel on Friday nights, including the Freeform premier of Muppets Most Wanted.

The weekends, however, will be most exciting of all. The weekends will be full of marathons of The Muppet Show and other shows, plus the movies, various specials, "and some sweet surprises". Some days will be themed (like a "Kermit the Frog Marathon", a "Miss Piggy Marathon", a "Musical Marathon", there's also plans for a marathon of all 16 episodes of The Muppets). There's also plans for an "Almost-48 Hour Muppet Weekend Marathon" (it doesn't say why "almost", but I'm sure it's to accommodate The 700 Club).

There's also going to be two brand-new Muppet television specials, both taking place after the end of the last episode of The Muppets. "Kermit and Miss Piggy in Thailand finds Kermit and Miss Piggy traveling to Thailand and possibly getting back together, while The Muppets Summer Break showcases what Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, Scooter, Uncle Deadly, and The Swedish Chef do during their summer break from Up Late with Miss Piggy, split between six main segments and a few smaller segments with such characters as Bunsen and Beaker, Statler and Waldorf, Chip, Sam the Eagle, and Bobo."

April Fools

SnakeLipsXD

Reaction score
Aw, you got me again! XD
You are GOOD with this creative input on the Muppets lol!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Part of my inspiration for this came after hearing that FXX shows multi-hour blocks/mini-marathons of The Simpsons every day, often with themed blocks (at least on days leading to the newest episodes). At one point in development of this April fools joke, I thought about saying that Freeform would have such themed blocks of Muppet productions. I tried thinking up lists in my head for what would be included in certain themed blocks. Like for a Kermit block, I would have chosen The Muppet Show with Peter Ustinov, Peter Sellers, and Loretta Lynn, and The Muppets "Pig's in a Blackout". For a Miss Piggy block, I'd include The Muppet Show with Avery Scrieber, Muppets Tonight with Michelle Pfeiffer, Miss Piggy's Hollywood, and The Muppets "Walk the Swine" and "A Tail of Two Piggies". For a Gonzo marathon, the selections would be The Muppet Show with Charles Aznavour, Madeline Kahn, and John Cleese, and The Muppets "Going, Going, Gonzo". An Electric Mayhem marathon would include The Muppet Show with Dudley Moore, The Muppets "The Ex-Factor", Rock Music with the Muppets, and maybe the Jungle Boogie and Kodachrome music videos. A Bunsen and Beaker marathon would include The Muppet Show with Peter Sellers, Gilda Radner, and Mac Davis, and Muppets Tonight with Andie McDowell, and the music videos for Ode to Joy, Dust in the Wind, and Flowers on the Wall.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if I should have said that The Muppet Show and various specials would get special "remastered" editions like Emmet Otter and The Bells of Fraggle Rock did last Christmas, meaning they'd be shown widescreen and at a faster frame rate.