Anyone remember the "Join Us" song?

crackmaster

Reaction score
Listening to the song, I feel like I'm listening to Brak from Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and The Brak Show.
DON'T TOUCH ME! NA NA NA NA! NA NA NA NA! DON'T TOUCH ME!

And of course, Gary Owens (Space Ghost's original voice actor) did "the voice from beyond" in the D and J commercials from the first season, so it's extra hilarious.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
After hearing this in English, I gotta be honest, I’m not a fan of Brian’s vocals here. But none the less, it is satisfying to hear it in English. This is definitely a clip that appears to have come and gone way too quickly.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
After hearing this in English, I gotta be honest, I’m not a fan of Brian’s vocals here. But none the less, it is satisfying to hear it in English. This is definitely a clip that appears to have come and gone way too quickly.
It seems like a lot of season 12 stuff was a one and done deal

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It’s too bad this one didn’t get a home video release in the 80s/90s or was never shown during the around the corner era, cause I probably would have loved this one minus Brian’s voice as a kid.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I’ve been watching this a lot more in the last few months…. And I am really enjoying it a lot more than I did when it first surfaced online.

As I keep listening, I feel like one of the backup vocals sounds a bit like the voice Kevin Clash tended to use for young characters (like Sam in Getting Ready to Read, or the original Buster the Horse voice).

Something about that pumpkin AM’s movements looks odd. I guess that would be whoever wasn’t performing on the show much (or maybe it was Michael Earl, as one of the reasons he was let go was because his performing didn’t improve). I do like the movements, but there is something odd about it. It also seems on par with how Caroll Spinney performed Anything Muppets (but doubtful it’s Caroll).

When watching season 12 segments with newer characters (and no known involvement from the classic performers), I tend to see something different in the performances compared to the older performers (yes, even though some of the performers would be mainstays in the Muppet world).

I almost feel like this should have been a video shown at Chuck E. Cheese (or Sesame Place). I wonder if this song could have worked with Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats or Little Jerry and the Monotones (or, if they waited five years, How Now Brown and the Moo Wave). I am at a loss on whether I would have liked this band to have continued on the show.

One more thing: when the lead singer does his long “ohhhhhhh…….” and then the rest joins in, it sounds like they are all suddenly starting to cry like babies. Sounds more like a “waaaahhhhhhh….”, I guess the somewhat high-pitched voice make them sound baby-like.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest I would have preferred this more as a How Now Brown song if it meant rocking out to Cerf’s vocals with that new-wave rock melody. Brian’s voice just…… did not work as lead vocals. I could easily see the words “JOIN US” flashing on-screen when the back-up cows sing it (and then eventually “COME JOIN US” at the end).

I also thought at first Kevin was in this song, knowing he did a few season 12 inserts I believe before becoming a main, but doing some voice comparisons that was definitely Michael’s voice. It just sounds like Kevin because of unison blends.