Anyone ever buy a Terry Angus puppet on eBay?

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

It's been a long while but I am back. I have been very, very busy within the last few months trying to finish two projects. One was for the City Of Halifax's Tree Lighting festival and the other was to finish the puppets I had started for this school in New Brunswick which ended up being very, very late because of the hard time I had back in the last couple of months. The New Brunswick people where a little upset with me and I can't blame them. Anyway the whole thing is all over and I am now a little bit freer.

A few weeks ago Phil sent me a link to this post and because I was so very busy I could not even take the time to respond to the post. Well I am now going to try and fix that. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner. The day that I viewed the post I was very tired but it very much made my day and I am so very glad that everyone thought so very highly of my work. By the way Fragglerockr, you checks in the mail. Just kidding.

Here are the answers for some of the questions that where asked. My puppets to be honest are worth $700 to $1000.00 but I knew that the general public could not afford such high prices so I ended up cutting my labor cost and had most of the reserves at 200 and up depending on what the puppet was. Around here in Canada TV puppetry is at an all time Low and there are bigger companies that get most of the building jobs so I had to go the ebay angle and it did indeed help with my bring in the bread and butter. It also Helps that my wife works at two part time jobs too. Thanks to eBay I have had a few commission jobs too.

So in a nut shell that's the ebay story. One of the things that I thought that would make my ebay puppets stand out a bit was to give them a story and that seems to work a bit too. At the very least I have given people something to enjoy with the pictures of the puppets doing things. It helped that being a puppeteer. I knew how to set up all of the puppet shots to make them look as alive as possible.

The web site address that was posted is indeed my web page and still there. One of these days i do plan on making a page that will show all of the ebay puppets that I have ever made. The only problem is getting the time to do it. Now it's also been asked what my e-mail is and it's butchg@hfx.eastink.ca .

Right now I am trying to build a puppet to go up on ebay and yes it has a Christmas theme to it. It may take a wee bit of time as my mother is visiting us right now. Once I have it up I'll let you guys know. After I am done with that I may take some time off for Christmas and then after that i will be back to building for people. There are a couple of people that have wrote to me and I'll return your e-mails soon.

Thank you guys very much and I'll see you all later

Terry Angus

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi Terry, long time, no type :wink:

I just saw Argon Quest for the first time (just purchased it on Ebay) and I love it! Sydney is terrific!

Did you happen to get my email about a possible Candy rebuild after Xmas?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Proud owner

Oh! oh! I have a Terry Angus Puppet!!! I got Sabastain P Frog, he's a blue old frog puppet that looks like he came right from the Muppets, i have made him to be Kermits older cousin, i kept his name but i made his personalty more younger, i feel i gave him the Steve's Turkey voice and additued from MFC. That's how I made his personality. He's so much fun and he makes a lot of head's turn!

I'm doing a show with him and my Kermit puppet at a church next Sunday in front of the whole mass! :smile: i'm happy and scared at the same time! :eek: :excited: :concern: :smile:

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Ryan. by now you know that I have written a letter and sent it off to you. Thanks for the comment about Sydney the Witch as I really enjoyed performing her. I have two favorite scenes with her. One is the Fools bridge crossing. Where I get to play both her and Python fighting with each other. The other is where Sidney is running down a set of stairs to Argon's sleeping chambers and I have her do a trip then I turn her around and I have her growl at the stair. Anyway we'll touch base after New years day.

Hi Zack. I hope your Church show went well. I bet everyone loved it. I now know about your computer going Poof!!!!!!!!!! If you would like I could Send you my set of Sabastain pictures and then you can send them to Tztz or if Tztz wants to give me his e-Mail I could send him a picture too. I have all of my puppet pictures now burned onto a CD.

That's it for now guys take care all
Terry Angus
Check out Debbie the Doe on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3165190869