Any French speakers?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Zelda, your friend from Louisiana may have spoken Cajun. It can be rather different from French in certain words....I should know, I speak French, but it can STIL be hard to understand my Cajun MawMaw when she speaks Cajun! The French they speak in Quebec is different, as well. I know that from an experience I had trying to communicate w/2 girls from Quebec using only my memory of high school French! :embarrassed:

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
WOW! More French Speakers!!!!

Manda and Whatever,
Thanks for the great info! No, I don't think I can see me yelling "gay" at my dog.........not a good thing in these parts.

Whatever, the German peogram you were in sounds like what my friend Megan did her senior year. She LOVED it, after she came home, her family (real family here) went on to host 3 or 4 German students, everyone has benefitted from it. I LOVE meeting new people so for me, it was great! Her parents have since divorced (after 30+ years of marriage :cry: ) and everyone has scattered so she or any family members don't host students anymore. :frown:

My friend that is from Louisana was outside with me one day last summer, she spouted off some phrase, wiped her brow then went back to helping me w/ my flower beds. I asked her what she said, it was (not spelled ANYWHERE near correct) "Cse fait chaud!" Which she said was pronounced "Saw Fay Show" Which means "It's HOT!" (And that day it WAS!!!!) I said, can you picture a Red mini, longhair, name her that? HOW GREAT?!?!?!?!?! Call her "Ca' Fe" (saw-fay) for short. I know it woulnd't make much sense to anyone who speaks Cajun......but around here that's only 1 person that I know! LOL!

Again I want to thank everyone wo has helped! I really didn't expect to get more than 1 response......but look at this!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
I forgot to add something............

I forgot to tell Pukka something!

Pukka, Pukka, Pukka, Pukka
Tweediley Boink!

:zany:

dmx10101

Reaction score
I know alittle French as my 5th grade teacher taught us some.