Another few Muppet finds!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi, today I went to a few markets around the place and I managed to pick up a 1970s Fisher Price Miss Piggy in pretty good condition, she goes well with the kermit from the same range.

I also found a muppet Babies miss piggy which I am going to sell for a small price because Im not all that into muppet babies especially miss piggy!

I dont know much about these at all really except, the miss piggy may have something to do with the great muppet caper, im not sure but the kermit I have is from that movie and they are from the same range I think.

I also managed to pick up one small rizzo figure, finger puppet which I think was brought out by Burger King here in Australia for muppets from space. its not rare or anything but it completes my set of these figures.

I have set up a temporary page with photos of most of these things:
Click here to visit the page!

Can anyone tell me about any of these things, I dont think any of them are rare or worth anything, but I needed a miss piggy in the collection.

She is in good condition apart from her hair needing a brushing.

Thanks,
Paul
:smile:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
That's just great...can I borrow your muppet radar, I haven't been able to find anything when I go muppet hunting at county fairs and shops with used stuff

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
That's just great...can I borrow your muppet radar, I haven't been able to find anything when I go muppet hunting at county fairs and shops with used stuff
Theres nothing worse than coming home with no muppet items, lol.

You can borrow it when I have finished with it, well I dont need it til Saturday so I guess its yours for the week, look after it!

The muppet radar doesnt seem to work too well with muppet records, they are the things I love the most but never find any.

If I ever find anything muppety that I already have, I will get it anyway if its a good price and let someone from muppet central have it, then I will have some things to trade for once.

I will be the Australian Muppet representative of the world, searching this part of the globe for muppet treasures and sharing them with other people who cant find certain things, that way, all the muppet collectibles will be in good hands of muppet collectors and members of muppetcentral.

:smile: :excited:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Theres nothing worse than coming home with no muppet items, lol.

You can borrow it when I have finished with it, well I dont need it til Saturday so I guess its yours for the week, look after it!

The muppet radar doesnt seem to work too well with muppet records, they are the things I love the most but never find any.
Thanks I will take good care of it :smile: Maybe I should visit some shops this week, just to see if it works.
I found a few muppet records, but most of them were in very poor conditon, so I did not buy them.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Thanks I will take good care of it :smile: Maybe I should visit some shops this week, just to see if it works.
I found a few muppet records, but most of them were in very poor conditon, so I did not buy them.
You didnt buy muppet records! I even get the ones that are in quite bad condition, its lucky to find any muppet records here. I wouldnt get them if they were expensive but if they were around $1-2AUS I would definately get them because even if the record has some surface scratches they usually play quite well, and if the record is unplayable, the cover might be in ok condition atleast on some part of it, I display the covers by hanging them on the wall, even if the cover is all ripped on one side, it doesnt matter because it is consealed.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
You didnt buy muppet records! I even get the ones that are in quite bad condition, its lucky to find any muppet records here. I wouldnt get them if they were expensive but if they were around $1-2AUS I would definately get them because even if the record has some surface scratches they usually play quite well, and if the record is unplayable, the cover might be in ok condition atleast on some part of it, I display the covers by hanging them on the wall, even if the cover is all ripped on one side, it doesnt matter because it is consealed.

One of the main reasons I did not buy were that both cover and the record it self were not that good a condition. And they were also quite expensive, around 100 kr (9-10£). And 2 of them I got already in a better condition(The Muppet Show Album 1-2). There were also a few "The muppet Movie" soundtrack, I don't got that but I would not pay that much for it.

It's a good idea about hanging the covers on the wall, actually I have seen that you do that on your website

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
One of the main reasons I did not buy were that both cover and the record it self were not that good a condition. And they were also quite expensive, around 100 kr (9-10£). And 2 of them I got already in a better condition(The Muppet Show Album 1-2). There were also a few "The muppet Movie" soundtrack, I don't got that but I would not pay that much for it.

It's a good idea about hanging the covers on the wall, actually I have seen that you do that on your website
Now I know why you didnt get those records, im glad you didnt pay that, if they expected that much money for a record they would have to be in good condition, I have seen a mint condition still in wrapper one of those same records on ebay worldwide for cheaper than that!

Some people rip off but when I sell on ebay I always start things off very low, at about $1AUD and the price goes up quite high every time.

They shouldnt sell records in bad condition for any more than $1-2.

Im glad you saw some of my muppet display, I am going to be updating the website with much better photos during the holidays which start next week here. I change my little muppet display a little bit all the time. I have a huge idea up my sleeve for a display but Im not telling anyone til its finished, I know eveyone will love it and I dont want anyone to copy atleast til its finished. Its going to take a while and a bit of money too, but if it turns out how I imagine it should be great!

from,
Paul
:smile: :excited:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
The Muppet Radar was working well today, I went to another market and found quite a big fisher price kermit from the 70s for $5AUD, I probably paid a bit much for it but I get caried away sometimes and just buy them, I should have tried to get it lower at about $4.00AUD

It was a great day seeing the new series 4 palisades aswell.

from,
Paul