A Muppeteer Quiz For You Guys

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I thought it being Christmas I'd concoct a little quiz for you guys. I would have posted in the "Games" section, but for some reason I know not, I am not allowed to post there. So I've put it here (on the basis that it is a quiz about "Henson People", but if the forum moderators feel it should be moved to another section, please move it as relevant.

So here's eight questions, see if you know the answers (I think the answers all count as 'Henson People'):

1. Who became a puppeteer as a means for getting to work in television?

2. Which Muppeteer was born in Hereford?

3. Who (effetively) sold his guitar to get to Sesame Street?

4. Who forecast the weather by looking out of the window?

5. Who named an MCC character after one of their assistant puppeteers?

6. Who turned up many hours too early for their Muppet audition?

7. Which Muppeteer is an honoury citizen of Memphis Tennessee?

8. Who originally built Rizzo The Rat?

and a Bonus question: What is the collective answer for all of the above?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I want to think it is Steve Whitmere but i know he wasn't a Puppet builder. I know Dave Gozle was, and I don't even think Richard did any building so I'm going to Gussse Steve but I don't know.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Steve did not build Rizzo.

I will leave the quiz a few more days before posting the answers.

Rax

Reaction score
I thought it being Christmas I'd concoct a little quiz for you guys. I would have posted in the "Games" section, but for some reason I know not, I am not allowed to post there. So I've put it here (on the basis that it is a quiz about "Henson People", but if the forum moderators feel it should be moved to another section, please move it as relevant.

So here's eight questions, see if you know the answers (I think the answers all count as 'Henson People'):

1. Who became a puppeteer as a means for getting to work in television? Steve Whitmire?

2. Which Muppeteer was born in Hereford? Frank Oz

3. Who (effetively) sold his guitar to get to Sesame Street? Heard the story, but can't recollect who it was. Whitmire?

4. Who forecast the weather by looking out of the window? Richard Hunt

5. Who named an MCC character after one of their assistant puppeteers? Don't know... :confused:

6. Who turned up many hours too early for their Muppet audition? Steve Whitmire

7. Which Muppeteer is an honoury citizen of Memphis Tennessee? Jim Henson?

8. Who originally built Rizzo The Rat? Don Sahlin

and a Bonus question: What is the collective answer for all of the above? Huh? :confused: ...Kermit?
Gr, Rax

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This whole thing makes is not working there is no way that for all these questions it is one answer. I think it's all the core Muppet preformers!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I think I got four right, counting the bonus question...
:frown: And yes, if I am right, there is a definitive answer. Hint: she said it in the beginning of the post.
:wink:

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well, the answers are:

1. Jim Henson

2. Frank Oz

3. Jerry Nelson

4. Richard Hunt

5. Dave Goelz

6. Steve Whitmire

7. Louise Gold

8. Kathryn Mullen

and 9. thebonus question: They were the eight main puppeteers on The Muppet Show (who featured in the book and tv documentary Of Muppets And Men; as well as on most of the TMS albums; and were also the eight main puppeteers on the film Great Muppet Caper).