Search results

  1. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    So why is it when it's been cloudy and/or rainy for just a couple of days and the sun comes out, everybody acts like they haven't seen the sun in months? "Finally! The sun is out again! I thought this would never happen again!!!" After just two days of clouds.
  2. D

    The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

    Well, again, that was the real reason we ended up with Jason Lee (mis)cast as Dave and other big-name celebrities voicing the Chipmunks and Chipettes in those Fox movies.
  3. D

    The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

    One thing I will say about Horton, and I've said this before, that it's further proof, IMHO, that Steve Carell is a much better voice actor than he is a live action actor, because it seems like he brings a certain range of emotion and connection to characters he voices, that his live action...
  4. D

    The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

    Save for a brief cameo from that Malcolm guy . . . yay! Another new episode without the pointless skits and unnecessary additional castmembers! http://channelawesome.com/horton-hears-a-who-nostalgia-critic/ That being said, let's be honest . . . HORTON HEARS A WHO! was popular for one reason...
  5. D

    Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

    Okay, so as little kid, that timpani drum stinger during that Buena Vista opening actually scared me:
  6. D

    Unofficial Picture Thread!

    I too am all too aware with the feeling. Same with facial hair: she was not impressed with the goatee I had for a few months several years ago, lol.
  7. D

    Unofficial Picture Thread!

    So, ugh, this is the result of going a few months without a haircut. . . .
  8. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    Well I know at some point during the mid-70s, Jerry Nelson had a shoulder injury and he had to perform left-handed at the time (such as in the "Sex and Violence" TMS pilot). That's just a random example I can think of.
  9. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    That's what it was like for me way back when . . . it brought home the point Caroll Spinney once made that, "Your left hand is stupid when you're right-handed." But, I suppose like with almost anything else, if you keep practicing and trying your best, you can eventually get good enough to pass.
  10. D

    What made you roll your eyes today thread?

    So apparently, there's a new glitch/bug with the current version of Adobe Premiere: if you cut a clip and adjust the speed of it, there's some kind of bizarre delay with the audio, so after you've sped up the clip, you hear a split second of the audio before and after the actual cuts in the...
  11. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    I've found that I've somehow managed to do a passable job puppeteering with my left hand - or, at least, I can lip sync better with my left hand than I used to be able to (not sure if I can work rods with my right hand, because it's like my right hand can't compute that, lol), even though it...
  12. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    My nana died tonight, and . . . I honestly don't really know how I feel about it. I was never particularly close to her, and she really wasn't like the kind of cookie-baking, cheek-pinching, slobbery-kissing grandmothers you saw on TV (and she could be really, really strict with both my mom and...
  13. D

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    "So smile! You're a very special person! Like me! Kchk-kchk-kchk!"
  14. D

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    Holy crap, I've wanted a clean recording of the button at 0:05 for years! I remember Shane used to close his Fenwick and Bob Blob vids with some of these.
  15. D

    Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

    As I said in other threads, I was no exception to the Pokemon bandwagon when it first came to America in 1998. The show was only on the air for maybe a month or so, and it was still a couple of months or before merchandise actually started showing up in the toy stores, but I remember one day...
  16. D

    The Funny Picture Thread

    This shot looks very uncomfortable.
  17. D

    Dreams about Muppets

    Yeah, but Animal never gets lucky anyway. Except with Kathy Griffin, for whatever reason.
  18. D

    The "You know what?" thread

    No, me either. Frank would have wanted to try to fit in . . . Charles on the other hand, he would definitely have dismissed disco culture altogether as another example of just how far western civilization had crumbled into a bohemian nightmare. Plus, the record was released while Burns was...
  19. D

    The new What Made You Smile Today thread

    You win the internet today.
  20. D

    Dreams about Muppets

    Hey, this is Animal we're talking about. :halo:
Top