Search results

  1. D

    New Video: The Muppets Face One Big Problem

    This was the ONLY movie I was really looking forward to this year. Maybe, other than Rango. Sure, there were movies I wanted to see... I wanted to see Kung Fu Panda and Cars... I really wanted to see Thor, but didn't... there were movies I really wanted to see, but nothing that had me bouncing...
  2. D

    When will toys tieing in to The Muppets be released?

    Now that I think about it, I'm seeing less and less animated movie based merchandise, and even when there is, it's always TRU exclusives. And I'm not just talking klunkers that shouldn't even waste the plastic because they lack appeal on every level (Planet 51)... There wasn't any Shrek 4...
  3. D

    When will toys tieing in to The Muppets be released?

    No one has the money to buy stuff anymore. Prices are outrageous. And if people actually have money, they buy high end techno-crap. I hate going to stores picking something up and wishing I had it, and putting it back down.
  4. D

    When will toys tieing in to The Muppets be released?

    Honestly, I don't buy the fact Muppet stuff wouldn't sell either. The Vynalmations are always going, The Muppet Pookalooz were selling better than the other ones (those and NBC), T-shirts seem to go alright. I have no doubt that a couple plush toys at least would do pretty well... I still...
  5. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

    I've come to the conclusion that the episode is really about regression, when I can't help get my mind out of the cynical MST3K/Family Guy cutscene/Bad anime convention panel gutters and think it's an allegory about addiction. But the line Elmo said about using the Binky fairy money to buy...
  6. D

    What made Sesame Workshop repeat episodes again?

    The one thing we don't need is less episodes. :insatiable: Changing the skits makes something worthy of being a "new" episode. They used to do that all the time. Now here's the question about this paradox... If they're too lazy to replace segments within an old episode, why do they change...
  7. D

    New Video: The Muppets Face One Big Problem

    Yes, but also the fact that Variety Shows aren't relevant anymore. Anyone who tries one automatically fails. If it was more a sketch comedy thing it could work on the level of SNL or something... I'd say a retooled Muppets Tonight like show with classic characters (since we have most of them...
  8. D

    Paging Drtooth

    I'd wonder what Mad would have been like if it was on Adult Swim. So far, I find it highly superior to Robot Chicken in every context. I do like how Mad's parodying stuff that wouldn't be in the magazine at all, like Kung Fu Panda. And It's a million times better than MadTV ever was (even...
  9. D

    *If* Figures for "The Muppets" were made, what would you want?

    The G-Force stuff went over like a lead balloon attatched to a submarine with a screen door. To be honest, I think they thought kids would play with spy hamsters than action figures of an old man. But they DID have Dug stuff. Actually, they had 3 of the other dogs, but for some reason it took...
  10. D

    Paging Drtooth

    Not that I remember, I don't think my whatever the heck network that aired it actually showed it in my area. However, I do remember either bad knock knock jokes or PSA's with those characters in it. Hanna and Barbera were geniuses when it comes to one thing... the motto of the studio was "put...
  11. D

    *If* Figures for "The Muppets" were made, what would you want?

    Some characters would no doubt work better than others. I really wish I got the Mike from Monsters Inc one of those. But that would be a great possibility down the line. At least they're sculpted and not blind boxed. You know what the best thing to do about blind box vynalmations? Buy as...
  12. D

    When will toys tieing in to The Muppets be released?

    That said, people just aren't buying toys and movie merchandise the way they used to. I don't expect to see a 25th anniversary/Palisades boom with the merchandise. Just at least a few bean bag plush. Hopefully it will at least manage to go over the standard Kermit/Piggy/Animal maybe Fozzie...
  13. D

    Paging Drtooth

    Heh... I'm not subjecting myself to that one. That's probably one of the Off-Smurfs. There were so many of those terrible Smurf-like shows back then. Some I actually liked. I tried watching a Snorks a while back. I REALLY wanted to like it again, but it was so bland and generic. I like the...
  14. D

    When will toys tieing in to The Muppets be released?

    Cars stuff always sells solid. Toy Story does too. Those are sure things, and they've never not been in stores. When the first Cars movie came out, the little die cast cars were impossible to find until they reshipped them. Disney has yet to see Muppet stuff sell to that capacity, but then...
  15. D

    "The Muppets" Second Official Movie Trailer

    The 90's retelling stuff ONLY worked because they were well written. I like MCC, but it lacks that Muppet feel. MTI fared much better.... only reason I liked MFS better than those (at least on a certain level) was that they had the Muppets playing themselves more or less. This movie's as...
  16. D

    When will toys tieing in to The Muppets be released?

    Like I always say, a bean bag of Kermit and Animal would have been a nice hint at things to come. They needn't completely blanket the store with merchandise, but a small preview before the movie would do a world of difference. Though, to be fair, the last time I went, they actually advertised...
  17. D

    Which format is better for the Muppet Movie?

    I've noticed they somehow reformatted Seinfeld re-runs to be widescreen. Other sitcoms may follow suit. But what bugs me is when it comes to new sitcoms or new episodes of shot in wideframe, they always cut it back down to full frame (or worse, fullframe widescreen which looks terrible on a...
  18. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxardpBReQc&feature=feedu They also leaked "My red 2"
  19. D

    Paging Drtooth

    Regular Show. Mordecai http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUYS87ei-5E
  20. D

    The Muppets, The Movie Junior Novel

    As long as she's not played by Sandra Bullocks, she's likable to me.
Top